PDA

View Full Version : Clinton looking for an Exit strategy already

SUBMAN1
01-07-08, 12:00 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/flashhn.htm

She probably needs to get out before damage is done to her Senate seat.

-S

Tchocky
01-07-08, 12:33 PM
Disagree, it's far too early to think about withdrawal. The article keeps mentioning her rapid change in fortunes, so fast the media can't keep up. That can happen again, and most likely will. In who's favour I'm not sure.

EDIT - http://www.pollster.com/08-NH-Dem-Pres-Primary.php

If she were in Biden's place, she should pull out. Not when you're polling in second place in NH.

National numbers are a bit behind, but still respectable.

http://www.pollster.com/08-US-Dem-Pres-Primary.php

That said, I wouldn't mind if Hillary pulled out, it just wouldn't make any sense for her to do so.

SUBMAN1
01-07-08, 02:16 PM
That Pollster site is out of date - they need to catch up with "today". CNN is even reporting double digits behind Obama right now, so I have to disagree with your assesment. Here is 'todays polls' from partially owned by Hillary CNN itself - the most biased of them all!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/06/nh.poll/index.html

-S

Tchocky
01-07-08, 02:36 PM
If you look through the individual results on pollster, there quite a few with 10/11-point leads for Obama.
Anyway, the focus I'd choose isn't on polls, it's that if after one caucus you find yourself in second or even third place, it's far too early to drop out. The degree of Obama's lead doesn't change that it happened very quickly, and could reverse just as quickly.

STEED
01-07-08, 02:57 PM
This is one she should win but the polls don't look good at all. The results for this one should be interesting, looking forward to this one.

AVGWarhawk
01-07-08, 03:16 PM
One thing for sure, Hillary is not the shoe-in for the nod. She will have to earn it from the looks of things.

SUBMAN1
01-07-08, 03:25 PM
What you are forgetting here is that she can't afford to lose twice, and definitely not 3 times. The reason? She will have no support in the Senate if her constituents don't think she has any public support. She will lose all her power forever more, probably even losing her Senate seat due to lack of support. That is the problem. She is damaging her career to stay in the game - something she is not willing to do.

To stay in the game is a near impossibility for her.

Someone tell me what happened to giving up your Senate or Congress seat to run for presidential election? What is with this have my cake and eat it too thing lately? This is not fair since you are not adequately supporting your position while running for president. This is a case of failing the people again. Both sides are doing this. This is crazy.

-S

sonar732
01-07-08, 03:36 PM
Bluntly put, Obama's strategy of placing Hillary in the same category as "those old politicians" is working.

Wave Skipper
01-07-08, 03:39 PM
I want Obama as president so I can see an asteroid hit earth! I saw the movie and I'd like to see the asteroid just for the fun of it.... :yep:

SUBMAN1
01-07-08, 03:39 PM
Bluntly put, Obama's strategy of placing Hillary in the same category as "those old politicians" is working.Well isn't she? :D

Actually, I think Obama had little to do with it. The Sheeple listen to whatever Oprah tells them, and it isn't Clinton Oprah was telling them to vote for.

-S

bookworm_020
01-07-08, 05:00 PM
This all seems a little strange to me. In Australia, the party picks the leader from it's own ranks of elected politicians. The Public only has to vote when an election is called ( the same as the U.K., but it's compulsary to vote here).

It just seems to drag on and on in the U.S. It's still a year from the election and we're getting coverage of it here in Australia. Are we now allowed to vote for the next Prez of the U.S.A. Can't you come up with something quicker???? At least we don't get the T.V. ad's!;)

SUBMAN1
01-07-08, 05:06 PM
Trust me - this time around it is dragging on and on. Hillary kicked it off 'early' this time around, so we've heard nothing but politics for way longer than normal. Its been annoying to say the least. Normall politicians kick in the second half to 3rd quarter the year prior. THis time around we will get 2 full years of politic hell!

-S

Wave Skipper
01-07-08, 06:31 PM
yup.

Due to my desire to support my local NWO office (and my life) - I am removing my post.

:)

Peto
01-07-08, 08:35 PM
This all seems a little strange to me. In Australia, the party picks the leader from it's own ranks of elected politicians. The Public only has to vote when an election is called ( the same as the U.K., but it's compulsary to vote here).

It just seems to drag on and on in the U.S. It's still a year from the election and we're getting coverage of it here in Australia. Are we now allowed to vote for the next Prez of the U.S.A. Can't you come up with something quicker???? At least we don't get the T.V. ad's!;)

If you'd been waiting 7 years for a change you might be a little more excited about it ;). But--yes--It will be a long 11 months.

bookworm_020
01-07-08, 09:10 PM
If you'd been waiting 7 years for a change you might be a little more excited about it ;). But--yes--It will be a long 11 months.

7 years to wait?:-? Sorry about that. Some people here had to wait 11 for a change! And before that, 13 years!:huh::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Peto
01-07-08, 11:34 PM
Well--Ok ;). Point well taken :yep:. Then again, my son is serving in the Army and I really don't want to see him have to go over for a 3rd tour. And these last 7 years have wound this country up like a watch spring. It isn't much fun wondering when it will snap and what the consequences may be...

Still--others have had it worse and you make a Great Point (even in good fun)!

:up:

Stealth Hunter
01-08-08, 01:02 AM
Well, until mid to late this year, I won't care. I'll come back then.

bradclark1
01-08-08, 12:17 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/flashhn.htm

She probably needs to get out before damage is done to her Senate seat.

-S
Who doesn't have an exit strategy? Thompson?

SUBMAN1
01-08-08, 12:31 PM
Only those in defeat work on the major details of exit strategies.

Tchocky
01-08-08, 12:37 PM
Wait, is this Iraq or the White House?

bradclark1
01-08-08, 01:13 PM
Only those in defeat work on the major details of exit strategies.
You can probably be sure that everyone has an exit strategy. Lack of could be the decider in looking honorable or looking idiotic. They have a plan.