PDA

View Full Version : Based in Wilhelmshaven - start off coast of Africa?

5string74
01-06-08, 01:58 AM
I know this has been mentioned before in another thread, but I don't know where. Why am I starting my missions in the middle of the ocean (actually off Africa) when my home port is in Wilhemshaven? :huh: Running GWX 2.0 and Commander.

5String

Blacklight
01-06-08, 02:02 AM
Oh.. so you weren't aware of the German Teleportransporter technology ?

"One Uboat to beam up, Schotty !"
"Aye sir !"
*Bweeeebweeeebweeeeee*
*Splash*

KeptinCranky
01-06-08, 04:49 AM
I've had this happen too, and still haven't quite figured it out, it may havesomething to do with starting with my type IIa in willi when my real base is Kiel but setting the "in other base" in SH3 Commander to " in home base"

It may also have to do with not rolling back or something...

eventually someone will come along and answer specifically

JScones
01-06-08, 05:53 AM
The problem, cause and solution is simple.

0° 0′ 0″ N, 0° 0′ 0″ W is off the west coast of Africa. You will start in this position if the base coords in your career's save file can not be matched *exactly* to base coords in the game's flotilla + campaign files (in other words, the base no longer exists in that location because it has been moved, removed, or replaced).

The biggest cause of this problem is loading existing careers after making changes to your campaign files (such as installing a mod). For example, attempting to load a career saved in OTS SH3 into a newly installed GWX will most likely result in this problem, assuming no CTD first ;).

It's a safe bet that if you experience this problem (it will usually occur with the "based changed" messages), then your career is not compatible with the modded version of SH3 that you are running.

(And before it's asked, no, it's not related to SH3Cmdr - SH3Cmdr does NOT tinker with the location or availability of any flotillas or their associated bases.)

KeptinCranky
01-06-08, 07:32 AM
Thanks for that Jaesen, :up: so it IS a problem with bases, especially troublesome if you're docked with a Milchcow or Tanker, although this bug makes for some interesting patrol opportunities like getting you IIa back from the gulf of Guinee to a friendly port, can be done...barely :D