PDA

View Full Version : Navigation and identification problems

overandout
01-04-08, 06:06 PM
Howdy,

In an earlier post, someone mentioned that the ship I lock in the periscope view will get highlighted on the attack map. Any idea why that doesn't happen? How can I tell what ship is the one I want to attack?

The other problem I have is id'ing ships when the go perpindicular to my boat. How to identify them? That is so hard to tell between different ships let alone the types.

TIA!!

Lee

DavyJonesFootlocker
01-07-08, 08:42 AM
The image on the attack map will only stay in place once the lock remains on the target. Things like rough seas, fog and distance affects how long the lock stays put.

Identifying ships can be hard especially at nights and in heavy fog. I suggest you get as close as possible to the ship and see if you can see a flag then you'll know what to do. You can also use your recognition manual.

Fincuan
01-07-08, 10:47 AM
FooFighters' recognition manual(check the mods forum) is a great help in identifying ships. It rearranges the recognition manual and makes indentification much easier. With it you now have to first just identify the general type of the ship(for example the funnel is in the aft part -> it's an engine aft), and then flip through the few ships in the "Engine aft" part of the recognition manual, insted of hunting them all over the manual as with the stock game.

edit: It's this one http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=125650