PDA

View Full Version : ????? good idea??

Herr Kaleu!
01-04-08, 04:26 PM
would it be a good idea to make a mod where u can control ur U-Boats diving planes and maybe even its ballast tanks. it would add to realism at depths so that u would have to trim out ur sub and make faster changes to your depth... i have no clue how to make mods i was just suggesting that..

GoldenRivet
01-04-08, 04:32 PM
sure it would be cool

but i think the control of dive planes and ballast tanks is hard coded and cannot be modded without the SDK release from ubi... which to my knowlege has not been nor will it likely ever be released :(

Herr Kaleu!
01-04-08, 04:33 PM
thankk u..... that sucks though i think they did it for sh2 with the dive planes . i may be mistaken though.

GoldenRivet
01-04-08, 04:44 PM
i think it was their intent to do it with SH3... there are sound files in the sound folder of SH3 for "Dive planes set for shallow dive" "dive planes set for steep dive" "dive planes set for normal dive" etc... but they are never used in SH3.

Sailor Steve
01-04-08, 05:29 PM
Yes it was done for SH2. Unfortunately it lead to very UNrealistic events in online play, with captains flying their u-boats like airplanes. One guy even had his boat do a loop. I sank another when he got it wrong and accidentally surfaced.

Captains never manned the planes or ran the ballast tanks themselves, and making the game do it is less realistic, not more.