PDA

View Full Version : Music to listen to with SH4

DavyJonesFootlocker
01-04-08, 08:47 AM
I had on Iron Maiden's 'Run Silent, Run Deep' and a instrumental from the Soundtrack to 'An American Werewolf in Paris' (can't remember the title now). Add a bit of atmosphere I think. I'm trying to get the soundtrack from Das Boot off of the DVD.

AVGWarhawk
01-04-08, 09:24 AM
I use the sound track from 'Gladiator'...'Might of Rome' is great attack music!

Mush Martin
01-04-08, 09:35 AM
vintage Radio shows Jazz and Big Band
Zepplin and Floyd etc.
depends on the mission and the day.

ReallyDedPoet
01-04-08, 01:20 PM
I have about a gig of period related stuff :yep:

RDP

Rockin Robbins
01-04-08, 01:41 PM
I was listening to Pantera's "Vulgar Display of Power" and Firewind "Kill to Live.":oops:

dean_acheson
01-04-08, 03:42 PM
use the 'capt midnight' mod, another one with USO shows on it that I got here, and then took the stock game radio, with its news reports, took out the repeating music, and inserted a mix of Vivaldi and Dimitry Shastakovich.

Now, when transiting between refueling and the patrol area, I don't crank up the speed, and read on the couch while listening to my music and the engines.

Nothing better than some good music and some Samuel Eliot Morison.

You should try it!

The fun of it is once you are in the patrol area, get to reading, sometimes you nod off, and freak out when you hear, "radar contact sir!"

Torplexed
01-04-08, 08:22 PM
Richard Rodgers and the RCA Symphony Orchestra doing Victory at Sea. :cool:

http://victoryatseaonline.com/victory_music.html

Ducimus
01-04-08, 08:41 PM
I user period music on the "radio" when patrolling around to keep myself from being bored. Listening to all the old programs and such kind of brings you back to the period. Meanwhile i sort of lean pack in the chair and prop my feet up.

When contact is made, all music comes off , i lean forward in the chair and start focusing.

After an attack, its cat and mouse. At some point, when im sure the tin can in question is being a dumbass, ill just set the rudder to 9 degrees port or starboard, stay at silent running and 1/3rd, kick up the TC a little bit, and go afk for awhile. :rotfl:

Hanzo
01-04-08, 09:18 PM
Am I the only one that never gets tired of vannila SH4 soundtrack? Some of the best motivational music I've ever heard, especially the attack tracks.

ReallyDedPoet
01-04-08, 09:38 PM
Am I the only one that never gets tired of vannila SH4 soundtrack? Some of the best motivational music I've ever heard, especially the attack tracks.

Played an install with it the other night ( on my main one I got rid of it ) and it is not that bad. Besides, it cuts out when you play the radio or grammaphone, so it can be quite tolerable.

RDP

Redux626
01-07-08, 10:54 PM
I listen to songs off the Terminator,Starwars and Das Boot Soundtrack