PDA

View Full Version : Completing Patrol Objective

Zero Niner
01-02-08, 09:31 PM
Hi guys
I'm on my first career patrol, USS Seawolf assigned to the Asiatic Fleet and based in Surajaya, Java. I'm transiting to the South China Sea to my assigned patrol zone.

I read in Beery's thread that you need to be within 100nm of the marker for 48 hours to successfully complete the objective. However other threads I've searched puts the figure down to 50nm, or the time to 24 or 72 hours.

Which is the correct one? I'm running TM 1.7.4 on top of a 1.04 patched game.

Thanks.

Ducimus
01-02-08, 09:54 PM
The time is 48 hours, and i think around 100 NM. Im not sure. I do know i enlarged this radius on those objectives so you can patrol a larger area, i just dont remember how large i made it.

ReallyDedPoet
01-03-08, 08:49 AM
I always radio in after I have patrolled for 48, with stock it is a 50nm radius.
Not sure either with regards to Trigger, earlier versions I think were not muchmore than that, not sure on the latest version.

RDP

Zero Niner
01-03-08, 09:28 AM
OK, pls see the screenie below.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/ZeroNiner/SH4/Orders.jpg

As I was just over 50 nm from the star, I got a new set of orders automatically. Can I range far and wide searching for enemy shipping, or do I need to be within 50 nm of the grayed out star?

AVGWarhawk
01-03-08, 09:30 AM
In regards to TM and I have not played it, I can not comment on how Duci handled it. But, there is Run Silent Run Deep mod that is TM compatible. Each mission objective is spelled out for you, including the exact nm of patrol area you need to patrol in.

Fincuan
01-03-08, 09:30 AM
As I was just over 50 nm from the star, I got a new set of orders automatically. Can I range far and wide searching for enemy shipping, or do I need to be within 50 nm of the grayed out star?

The 50nm radius doesn't apply anymore, so you are free to hunt anywhere you want.

seafarer
01-03-08, 10:20 AM
Hi guys
I'm on my first career patrol, USS Seawolf assigned to the Asiatic Fleet and based in Surajaya, Java. I'm transiting to the South China Sea to my assigned patrol zone.

I read in Beery's thread that you need to be within 100nm of the marker for 48 hours to successfully complete the objective. However other threads I've searched puts the figure down to 50nm, or the time to 24 or 72 hours.

Which is the correct one? I'm running TM 1.7.4 on top of a 1.04 patched game.

Thanks.

Depends on your orders. "deploy to" means you just need to get within range of the objective (about 50nm), and you will then immediately get the automatic new orders to engage shipping. You must sink 10,000 tons to complete that objective, but you can cruise anywhere to do it, now that you are deployed to your area.

If the orders were to "patrol" an objective area, then you would have had to stay for the required 48hrs within the required range (100nm or whatever it is).

black1
01-03-08, 10:30 AM
When you have completed your first objective ex:patrol certain area for 72 hrs, you are free to hunt anywere you like or return home. Or you can radio in and follow next orders, your call.

-Pv-
01-03-08, 05:15 PM
Where the stock game is concerned, seafarer is closest to decribing my experience. I use 50 Nm radius. The difference between "Patrol" and "Deploy" is key. I don't think you can put a fixed number on "Patrol." I've known it to be more than 48 and as little as 24. I seem to get more deploy missions than patrol, so there is less experience with the latter to get a solid feel for the time and distance rules (if there are any.)
-Pv-

Ducimus
01-03-08, 05:20 PM
Patrol missions = go to this area, stay there 48 hours. Kinda like SH3's go to grid and patrol.

Deploy missions = go to this area, then, sink X amount of tons.

With deploy missions, the stock game requirements were 10,000 tons of merchant tonnage. In TM, i changed this to 4,000 tons of ANY tonnage. Warship, or merchant - sink em all!

Zero Niner
01-03-08, 07:48 PM
I sank a 4,000t merchant on the way to the objective. Does this count towards the tonnage requirement?

Ducimus
01-03-08, 08:15 PM
Nope, only counts after you reach the area. Silly i know, i can't do anything about that.

Zero Niner
01-03-08, 09:03 PM
Thanks all. I'm all sorted out now.
Err... except how do I hunt for targets? ;)

AVGWarhawk
01-03-08, 09:08 PM
Thanks all. I'm all sorted out now.
Err... except how do I hunt for targets? ;)

Drop bait:D

Zero Niner
01-03-08, 09:23 PM
OK. Now where's Bernard (or is it Dinsdale) when you need him...? ;)
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

AVGWarhawk
01-03-08, 09:30 PM
I all seriousness, I make a patrol pattern within the radius the mission calls for. Let the sub follow that. Hope your watch see the ships or your sonarman hears them.

Ducimus
01-03-08, 09:45 PM
OK. Now where's Bernard (or is it Dinsdale) when you need him...? ;)
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Parker.....

Ensign parker. He hides. Don't see him very much. Dinsdale went and joined the royal navy, and Bernard Von Kraut has been in the kreigsmarine for a few years now. :rotfl: