PDA

View Full Version : Phantom smoke

Deerdiver
01-02-08, 03:42 PM
Has anyone else been plagued by phantom smoke? On a couple of missions I have been followed by a mysterious smoke source.:damn: After sailing a considerable distance from my last, sinking lo and behold there is this huge pall of smoke hanging in the sky. I know the Pacific is active volcanically but I don't think this was desiged into the program. It may explain why surface ships have been noticeable by their absence if I am followed by this all the time. Any ideas?

AVGWarhawk
01-02-08, 04:05 PM
Generally a bad saved game along the way. I have had the smoke ball following me before. Usually it is done when you start your next patrol out of you home port. What mods are you using?

Deerdiver
01-02-08, 04:13 PM
Mods enabled are:
Natural Sinking Mechanics 3.3 Classic
RSRDC_PC_v200
Warships Retextured v1_3
Foobor's weathered/heavily weatherd skins

It all looks lovely!

AVGWarhawk
01-02-08, 04:20 PM
Possibly the RSRD is creating this. I believe it will clear up for you when you start your next patrol from your home port. It is some type of weird save game issue.

Deerdiver
01-02-08, 04:22 PM
Warhawk,

many thanks for your reply. Back to playing the game and not just talking about it!

Fasten the hatches!!

Ducimus
01-02-08, 04:24 PM
I beleive this is an NSM related issue.

AVGWarhawk
01-02-08, 04:38 PM
I beleive this is an NSM related issue.
Not sure Duci. I was running Taters mod and had this issue. Now RSRD uses some of Taters new campaign layer mod. I was not using NSM at the time. All I know, start your next patrol and it is gone which would indicate to me a bad save somewhere along the way.

Ducimus
01-02-08, 04:57 PM
:hmm: ok,

In specific, i beleive this is a zones.cfg issue. I had this problem when running an earlier version NSM and sank a fishingboat or other small craft. Once i accidently torpedoed a life raft ( i couldnt do that again, even if i tried), and aside from blowing the life raft to smithereenies, smoke followed me afterwords. Felt like a black mark for fighting dirty :lol:

AVGWarhawk
01-02-08, 05:27 PM
To be honest, I have not seen this in a while. Then again, I do not use NSM. So perhaps you are correct:hmm: Ahhhh....you know the files better than I ever could.

Scurvy
01-03-08, 02:53 AM
My first post here!

Actually, fellas, I'm a newbie, who just got SHIV for Christmas. I have no mods installed yet and happened to see the first encounter with Phantom Smoke last night, when I was finishing off a crippled tanker.

Great site and helpful members here. Keep up the excellent work! Oh, and I'll be installing a mod or two soon...just wanted to let you know that it's not a bug from a modder.

jdkbph
01-03-08, 10:13 AM
I see this smoke from time to time and I do not have NSM installed. TM, ROW and RSRD are the only major mods I have installed.

JD