PDA

View Full Version : north atlantic

Herr_Pete
01-02-08, 09:44 AM
When will the north atlantic add on for sh4 be released?

mookiemookie
01-02-08, 10:59 AM
The U-boat add-on is not set in the North Atlantic, if that's what you mean.

I'm sure some enterprising modders will create one at some point though.

aurora-7
01-02-08, 11:03 AM
It's set for U-boat activity in the Indian Ocean, isn't it? I thought I read that somewhere about the U-boat add-on.

mookiemookie
01-02-08, 11:21 AM
Yes it's U-boats in the Indian Ocean.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/silenthunterwolvesofthepacificuboatmissions/news.html?sid=6183021&om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;2

Herr_Pete
01-02-08, 03:15 PM
ah! sorry. thats the add on i meant. when will it be released?

aurora-7
01-02-08, 03:39 PM
According to the Gamespot article, sometime next month.

Deerdiver
01-02-08, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know if any of the Royal Navy submarine escapades in the Indian Ocean are being modded? The exploits of HMS Tally-Ho (as detailed in "The Hunting Submarine") would make for some interesting scenarios

Ducimus
01-02-08, 04:21 PM
Does anyone know if any of the Royal Navy submarine escapades in the Indian Ocean are being modded? The exploits of HMS Tally-Ho (as detailed in "The Hunting Submarine") would make for some interesting scenarios

Unfortunatley, what game designers decide to do, is based on the bottom line - the almighty dollar. For any game in the pacific to take place, hollywood would have to crank up the hype machine and make a movie on the magntitude of Das Boot or Saving Private Ryan for anyone to take notice. Frankly, without that kind of hype behind it, i think its nothing short of a miracle that SH4 is in the pacific.