PDA

View Full Version : We have a drink problem

STEED
12-31-07, 01:56 PM
Drink law reform 'puts 500 in hospital each day'

More than 500 people a day are being admitted to hospital because of alcohol-induced accidents, violence and liver damage, a charity said yesterday.
The number of alcohol-related hospital admissions has increased by almost a third since the licensing laws were relaxed almost two years ago.
The British Liver Trust said that the number now being admitted to hospitals because of alcohol was a big problem for the country. It blamed a combination of cheap drink and extended drinking times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article3111451.ece (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article3111451.ece)

Well what can I say but this, there is no faith in the government so let's hit the bottle. But our government will not do any thing as they live in cloud cuckoo land. :nope:

antikristuseke
12-31-07, 02:35 PM
I allso have a drink problem, I keep runing out of it.

Now all tasteless joking asside, alcoholism is a serious problem here aswell, though i find it really difficult to belive that redusing the time when drink is sold would reduce problems with alcohol. That has been tried here and it isnt working, especialy in our nations capital where drink is only sold between 8am and 8pm, which is quite ridiculous.

Sailor Steve
12-31-07, 03:47 PM
Tasteless jokes? Okay!

"I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, I get drunk, I fall down. No problem!"

Torplexed
12-31-07, 03:55 PM
“The cost to the NHS is phenomenal. When you hear about doctors having to cover their A&E in bubble wrap for New Year’s Eve because they are going to get sick up the walls, that’s what we are talking about.
Ouch! :o Too graphic fer me.

kiwi_2005
12-31-07, 07:01 PM
Yes your right Steed, I watch this documentary on UK drinking problem once and you guys are worse than Kiwis & Aussies combined! :lol:

PISSHEADS! :arrgh!:

Cheers anyways i got a hang over!

Fish
12-31-07, 07:09 PM
New trend under youngsters here, 14-16 year is comazuipen = drinking till your past away and come back to live in a hospital. :nope:

kiwi_2005
12-31-07, 07:29 PM
New trend under youngsters here, 14-16 year is comazuipen = drinking till your past away and come back to live in a hospital. :nope:
Whats the drinking age in UK now? Ours got put DOWN yeah down to 18 so we got 16yrs olds who look 18 getting pissed,. Since the 18 age came out 2yrs ago we are seeing more and more younger ppl totally drunk as skunks in coma like states, most are females who mostly come from good family background etc., go to parties have no idea how to drink in moderation scull down shots or burbon then end up easy pickings. Next thing you know this nice 18yr old girl from a nice family is anybodies for the night. Oh and the folks at home think their daughter is at some nice birthday party.

Gotta blame the parents too, some will arrange a 18birthday for them and leave them too it thinking oh they're be okay let them have fun.

Just recently i had my neigbours daughter try to break into my home one night i was on the PC playing SH4 i remeber it clearly and the window right next to me was being tapered with i could hear someone from the outside banging at it. I thought this burglar is a total idiot im home lights are on and this guys trying to break into my house he's going to get the worse welcome he'll ever experience so i slowly unlocked my window and waited for this sucker to enter with baseball bat ready to plaster him with it. Only to realise it was my neighbours daughter trying to get in pissed as a skunk she thought she was getting through her bedroom window :rotfl:She was sooo lucky cause my plan was to knock this sucker out tie him up and ring the police - tie him up cause it would of taken our police like 30min to get here they're so slow.

So i walked her back next door and to a very embaressed neighbour they thanked me and dragged her inside.

She was blotto!:nope:

STEED
01-01-08, 08:15 AM
Whats the drinking age in UK now?

18 years old.

The problem here is some people don't or will not understand what alcohol can do to you, I'm not against drinking but we need to do something and that something is better education on alcohol for the 10 year olds and up wards. This would be a start but as I know and most here on the boards here who live in the UK the powers to be will only cock it up as usual.

joea
01-01-08, 08:19 AM
There used to be a difference between the Med style of drinking, like in Greece or Spain with tapas ... even when you drink ouzo you always have some food with it, and not just peanuts or pretzels. Wine or beer with dinner, no drinking to drink. THe problem in the UK and now spreading to Europe as Fish said is binge drinking. :nope: Cheap alocopops, extended drinking times all play a part too.

NiclDoe
01-01-08, 10:05 AM
Hmmmm:hmm: If this is reallly happening in the UK thats why Penny was not feeling goood last night. :doh:

XabbaRus
01-01-08, 12:33 PM
Get rid of the 24hr drinking, and the cheap happy hours. also what would be good is if they had drunk tanks. Anyone found by the cops unable to wlk because they are pissed gets locked up and all valuables taken and catalogued. Then the next morning after they have sobered up they have to pay a fee to get their belongings back. £200 say.

STEED
01-02-08, 08:46 AM
Get rid of the 24hr drinking, and the cheap happy hours.

Well did you see the news............
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article3118841.ece (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article3118841.ece)