PDA

View Full Version : Reporting in at 0001Z?

dmlavan
12-30-07, 02:14 AM
I'm new to SH4, and must admit I like the variety of missions and additional assignments that can occur while on patrol. However, if I'm instructed to "report daily at 0001z" is there any renown tied to that, or is just for immersion?

AVGWarhawk
12-30-07, 07:17 AM
That is part of RSRD mod. Some of it immersion and some not. If you have run you time and completed the mission, radio in at 0001Z you will receive other instructions. Then again, if you radio in after you completed your mission no matter the time of day, you get further missions.

dmlavan
12-30-07, 12:58 PM
Thanks - that explains a few things!

ReallyDedPoet
12-30-07, 02:33 PM
Thanks - that explains a few things!

Welcome to the SH4 experience :yep::up:

RDP

DavyJonesFootlocker
12-31-07, 10:58 AM
I always fouund it would be neat if when you radio in you can give your crew status (eg. injuries), sub condition (fuel levels, damage). In this way ComSubPac can give you realistic orders, like rtb or proceed with next mission, etc. I ran out of torps when I sent a message and I got another order to patrol an area. Maybe some great Modder out there can do something. I'm not that experienced yet to do it myself.

sqk7744
12-31-07, 11:19 AM
I'm new to SH4, and must admit I like the variety of missions and additional assignments that can occur while on patrol. However, if I'm instructed to "report daily at 0001z" is there any renown tied to that, or is just for immersion?
Welcome dmlavan!

Sticking to an assigned time (RSRD Mod as AVG said) to report in, you also want to keep the "Talk Radio" chatter down during the day or when sneaking in/out or attacking, since with the IJN's ADF ( radio directional techniques ) we're quite good and with the SH4.4 patch Air Craft will be sent to the 'transmitting' location to see if you need any assitance finding the ocean floor ;)

dmlavan
12-31-07, 08:18 PM
Hmm. Too used to SH3 where, while the Allies would pounce all of a boat using the radio but it wasn't implemented so I could chat away. Didn't realize the Japanese had good radio direction finding equipment. Thanks for the tip!