PDA

View Full Version : No Torpedoes added on refit/port call - Help!

Backstretch
12-29-07, 11:13 PM
:damn: Hi I received Silent Hunter, Wolves of the Pacific for Christmas and have been enjoying learning the game after many years of Commodore 64 Silent Service II (RIP). In career mode when completing my first mission with only one torpedo left, I set out on my next mission. I then noticed no torpedoes were added (but I got some medals!). I quickly visited another port and still did not get replenished with torpedoes! What is up? What am I missing? I know I am a nubbie so I hope this isn't too dumb a question. I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!

Torplexed
12-29-07, 11:15 PM
Welcome aboard! You have to load 'em yourself when between missions. They're on the same set of interface panels in your 'office' where you pick new crew members and fit new equipment. Most of them cost no renown. However some of the more exotic ones do. :cool:

Old Dog
12-29-07, 11:47 PM
I echo Torplexed's welcome Cap'n Backstretch.

I remember "Silent Hunter" on the C-64 too !

These boards are peopled by good folk. They generally act like there's no such thing as a stupid question.

Sometimes you might get a stupid answer, but "Cooperate and Graduate" becomes a good thing once you're out of school.

Old Dog

manucapo
12-30-07, 12:25 AM
welcome to the forum

people here are certainly very friendly

infact it was the good athmosphere in this forum that at first atracted me to the game (weird i know)

so dont be afraid to ask any question you will certainly get an answer around here.

maerean_m
12-30-07, 01:36 AM
Starting with the 1.4 patch, the game automatically fills the sub with torpedos that are free of charge in that moment in WWII (when you dock and when you set off in a new patrol).

So, have you patched to the 1.4 version? You can determine the version you're running by looking in the bottom right corner of the screen when in "main menu".

AVGWarhawk
12-30-07, 07:21 AM
I found a trick also...sometimes you stop at a port that only allows a refit and you get less than a full load of torps. If you click to refit again, it will fill your sub. I ran into this once were I hit refit and I had half a load of torps. I figured it something the devs put in as torps were few in number during the early part of the war.

Fincuan
12-30-07, 10:39 AM
I found a trick also...sometimes you stop at a port that only allows a refit and you get less than a full load of torps. If you click to refit again, it will fill your sub. I ran into this once were I hit refit and I had half a load of torps. I figured it something the devs put in as torps were few in number during the early part of the war.

Yep

Refit only fills the reserves, not the tubes. To get the full load you need to refit, reload all tubes and refit again.

Backstretch
12-30-07, 11:13 AM
:up: Wow! All the help! Thank you everyone for the help and tips! I guess I didn't "explore" enough when in my "office". Is there a bottle of booze in there somewhere too ;) ?!!

No, I think I am running V1.3 right now. I'll check and update if necessary!

What a surprise when I found some nice juicy passenger carriers and nothing to torp them with!

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to checking our the forum regularly. Cheers & beers, matey!

Torplexed
12-30-07, 01:01 PM
:up: Wow! All the help! Thank you everyone for the help and tips! I guess I didn't "explore" enough when in my "office". Is there a bottle of booze in there somewhere too ;) ?!!

Alas...no booze that I've found. There are a few girlie pictures on the wall. ;)

You're welcome...hope you enjoy your stay. :cool:

ReallyDedPoet
12-30-07, 02:22 PM

No, I think I am running V1.3 right now. I'll check and update if necessary!

What a surprise when I found some nice juicy passenger carriers and nothing to torp them with!

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to checking our the forum regularly. Cheers & beers, matey!

Welcome to SUBSIM :up:

RDP