PDA

View Full Version : Black Crew fix

John W. Hamm
12-29-07, 06:43 AM
Has anyone found a fix for the crew turning black yet ? I read this string and it proved to not help but this was the only one I found http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=124656&highlight=Black+Crew

ReallyDedPoet
12-29-07, 08:28 AM
What version of ROW are you using as I remember this prob. being related to that.

RDP

jdkbph
12-29-07, 11:43 AM
Hmmm I've been getting that as well. Didn;t associate it with any particular mod, but I can't say that for sure.

I'm also seeing something else strange lately related to crew graphics. None of my bridge crew have eyes... just empty sockets. 100% reproducable, all the time. Freaky looking. I'm pretty sure this is related to a mod, just haven't figured out which one yet.

JD

John W. Hamm
12-29-07, 12:19 PM
Well I know that the Black crew happens even in the Vanila version I, from what I have found and read so far, it appears it s graphics card or chipset issue, the eyes though I have had happen to me before as well but obly a couple of times, and that happened while I was doing either one of two things, Using TC or alt tabbing, but save exiting and entering fixes both, the eye thing I have not seen in a while. BTW I don't use ROW becuase it causes distant land to act odd and my water surrounding my ship turns to jello. what are you doing to reproduce the eye issue ?

The mods I use
01 RFB 1.4 for stock RC1
RSRDC P2 RFB v240
John Hamms uniform mod V1.0

my pc specs:
Q6600 Quad core Proccesor
3069 MB Ram (I can't remember what type)
Duel GeForce 8800GTS
500 GB hard drive
Windows XP HE SP2

I certainly hope its not my Graphics cards because SH4 will go before they do.

ReallyDedPoet
12-29-07, 12:39 PM
Another thread on this: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119098&highlight=black+crew

Does seem to point to a graphics card issue, but nothing definitive. Hope you can sort this one out.

RDP

STEED
12-29-07, 01:43 PM
Not forgetting my one. :lol:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=117470

Sorry no answers. :cry:

ReallyDedPoet
12-29-07, 03:45 PM

Your thread was in the link I posted above :D

RDP

jdkbph
12-29-07, 04:58 PM
what are you doing to reproduce the eye issue ?
Nothing special actually. I just start the game go up to the bridge and... no eyes! Every time, all the time.

I'm wondering if I'm not missing a texture or something.

JD

-Pv-
12-29-07, 06:11 PM
I used to have missing eyes occasionally in patches 1.2 and 1.3. I have not seen this problem since 1.4.

Since I recently posted this, I got the missing eyes last night. I played for a while longer switching views and returned to the control room where the crewman had the missing eyes and they were back. No predictable way to make them come and go. So, it looks like 1.4 still does this but from my observation, not as often as earlier patches. I'm playing un-modded game.
-Pv-

John W. Hamm
12-30-07, 09:54 AM
The eyes are actually on the same graphic as the rest of the face, so the only thing that could be happening is that for whatever reason the game is not rendering that section of the graphic, graphics are often left out, or moved around, in the wrong place, etc... etc.. when we don't start new campaigns and have changed UPC Data files, however in this case I'm not sure that is the case as I have had the same problem but not near as consistantly as you have, just one time after using TC alot. I reloaded the game and that fixed it. I will try to recreate the no eye thing again myself see WTF is going on, who knows it may be something in my MOD? if so maybe I can fix it.

STEED
12-30-07, 04:15 PM

Your thread was in the link I posted above :D

RDP

Where?

Hang on I'm with you, I see it.

John W. Hamm
01-01-08, 06:10 AM
Well From what I am gathering is that no one has any answers for how to fix the black crew problem?? :nope:

ReallyDedPoet
01-01-08, 11:09 AM
Lets put it back up to the front of the pack :up: Anybody know the fix for this :hmm:

RDP

ATR-42
01-23-08, 10:56 PM
Ive never had this problem since the release of the game until recently (past few weeks), and it was pretty consistent after lighting flashes in the control room.

However, i unistalled the special effects part of ROW and it seems to have gone away completely. All other ROW elements are installed including the add on.

Ducimus
01-23-08, 11:59 PM
black crew.....

Beleive it or not, while working on the interiors, i was able to duplicate the effect.

I should have written down how i did it. Now i cant remember. My hope is that i have inadvertently fixed it. I can't say for sure, i just remmeber expermenting with something, testing it, seeing what happened, and thinking, "ahhh so thats why" and then reversed what i did so it didnt happen.

It was late night.. and i cant remember what i did. :-?

I think it has something to do with lighting, and intensity.