PDA

View Full Version : gettin really annoyed with radar

Laffertytig
12-28-07, 07:05 AM
ok whats the deal with radar constantly turnin itself off? when the patrol starts its fine but after a dive the problems start.

i tried using thje buttons at the bottom of the screen (turnin it on then clickin sweep and also at th actual radar screen but it always switches back to single sweep. the only reason i know this is hapnin is cos i get visual contacts but by the time the game snaps back outa TC its long gone.

im also havin this problem with air search radar as well. help

Rockin Robbins
12-28-07, 08:32 AM
Actually go to the radar station and flip the switches yourself. Then you know for sure what the settings are and everything works. I do it as a matter of course every time I surface or every time I leave TC. It's a bother, but we could have worse problems.:up:

ReallyDedPoet
12-28-07, 08:33 AM
Nice tip RR :up:

RDP

Laffertytig
12-28-07, 09:28 AM
on closer inspection they are a group of sampans. i never realised they things were invisible to radar

Takao
12-29-07, 12:29 AM
@Laffertytig

The radar automatically shuts of when a high wave washs over the mast. So, if your running in a storm, you have to keep turning it on again. In high time compression, it seems like you are constantly turning it back on again. At lower TC, its not so bad. With a vanilla copy of SHIV, its been my experience that the air search radar is always on. I get notification of inbound contacts even if the surface search radar is off.

It's not that the sampans are invisible to your radar. They show up just fine. It's that the crew won't alert you to their presence. You have to go to the radar station and track them manually, until you get in visual range. Guess the are not worth our while. If you are in TC and the stopwatch starts skipping seconds, thats a good clue something is nearby. Drop down to 1x TC, if you not notified of any contacts, check the radar station proper. Set you radar to max range and I'll bet you will get some contacts that will turn out to be sampans or junks.

Laffertytig
12-29-07, 05:49 AM
yeah good tip about the storms and high TC thats makes sense and your right about the sampans, they do show up on radar just that the crew dont notify u about them.

TC isnt perfect in SH4 but its so much better than in SH3 where u need to stay under 256x to avoid numerous problems which i find painful bein stuck at such a low game speed all the time