PDA

View Full Version : Anyone beaten "Against All Odds"?

jgbishop
12-27-07, 04:45 PM
Has anyone here beaten the "Against All Odds" mission? I know it's a dumb setup (shallow water in the daytime), but I can't figure out how to get past all the gunships. I inevitably don't make it out in time (it's apparently a timed mission), and I don't see how it can be done. Am I supposed to run on the surface at flank speed the entire time?

Update: I tried running flank, but the gun boats destroy my ship every time! This mission has to be flawed in such a way as to prevent it from being possible to complete.

Fincuan
12-27-07, 08:18 PM
I completed it on the first try by running flank and gunning down the boats, no fancy things required(TMaru+RSRDC+NSM3.3, 100%). I did the gunning mostly myself, until I was close enough to use the AA gun properly. The mission would imho be a lot easier if the gun were at the front instead of the back, because now you basically can't shoot until you're past the enemy. You could also possibly try going around the last few boats by using the channel in the south, although I'm not sure if it's wide enough for your sub.

-Pv-
12-27-07, 10:23 PM
I beat it with a simular technique. I submerged to deck awash to make me harder to hit, took out the nearby 1st gunboat, surfaced at high speed for the target, and picked off each warship that caught up to me until I could submerge.