PDA

View Full Version : New missions`

Renesisfury
12-25-07, 09:49 PM
With TMaru and RSRD enabled, once you complete one of the missions, are you supposed to radio in and get a new assignment? Or can you just keep on keeping on?

Or is this totally personal preference?

CaptainHaplo
12-26-07, 08:24 PM
As in the original - you get renown for completing objectives. You can complete 1 - then go free hunt - or do a few objectives and get the points from that plus whatever you sink. Choice is yours.

John Channing
12-26-07, 10:03 PM
However, if you insist on completing only one objective per patrol you can count on an early retirement. Renown won't save your career.

JCC

Renesisfury
12-26-07, 11:23 PM
However, if you insist on completing only one objective per patrol you can count on an early retirement. Renown won't save your career.

JCC
Once you hit a certain level does renown actually do anything? After 10k or so when you can't spend it..

John Channing
12-27-07, 08:50 AM
There are times, once you have upgraded to a Balao with all of the bells horns and whistles that you just won't be able to spend your renown. I usually buy a few "Fido's" for each patrol but with all of the upgrades installed, there is no way I can spend it all.

Some people do report that after an unsucessfull patrol they have been given the option of retiring or staying in, with the latter costing renown, but I have never seen that myself so I can't comment.

Never hurts to have a bunch in the bank though... just in case.

JCC

hmatthias
12-27-07, 10:03 AM
I try to work with "realistic crew attrition", which means I lose a portion of my crew after each patrol to transfers (random number, manual). In this case, I have to spend renown to replace crewman if I have nobody to promote to a position.