PDA

View Full Version : New Skipper Reporting

Zero Niner
12-25-07, 08:53 PM
Hi all
After many months of lurking here and playing SH3, I've decided to defect from the Kriegsmarine and sign up with the USN. :D

I'm a sub sim vet but SH4 noob. I've played Silent Service (I and II), SH1, Aces of the Deep, SH3.

I've completed all the sub school missions to refresh my memory and have a go to see how this thing works. I'll be looking to get my command next, after trying one or two quick missions (I call this advanced sub school training, or sailing on board another boat as PCO :D )

Right now I have just stock SH4 installed, patched to 1.4. The only mod I have is the one that maps the keys to their SH3 counterparts. Why did the devs not port over the key bindings anyway?

Some initial questions:
1. Is there an instrument on board somewhere that tells me that I've passed a thermal layer?

2. How do I turn off the music ingame?

3. I've successfully completed all the training missions, but there's no record of completion? Do I get any renown points for this, like in SH3?

See you in the Pacific!

donut
12-25-07, 09:17 PM
#1 Verbal message
#2 Audio options
#3 When you start your career,& complete missions

-Pv-
12-26-07, 12:00 AM
When you start your 1st career, you will get 1500 renoun points to spend right up front for finising all the training successfully. Very handy for boosting your 1st crew. Buy a few extra guys to put in the Damage control team.
-Pv-

ReallyDedPoet
12-26-07, 10:33 AM
Welcome to SH4 :yep::up:

RDP