PDA

View Full Version : New joystick needed. Recommendations?

Dowly
12-23-07, 02:42 PM
As the title says, I've finally grown tired of this piece of poo "I-automatically-use-1/3-left-rudder"-Logitech Extreme 3d Pro wannabe-joystick.

Of course, I'd love to have a X52, but 120-150€ is abit too much for a joystick, so any other ones worth checking?

What I want it to have:
- Thrust handle
- Twist handle for rudder
- Hatswitch
- Force Feedback (not mandatory, tho)
- Cost under 100€

Only found one possible candidate; the Saitek Cyborg Force EVO, costing ~60€ from the dealer I buy my parts from.
http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/evoforce.htm

It has had some good reviews, anyone have any personal experiences from it?

XabbaRus
12-23-07, 03:15 PM
As the title says, I've finally grown tired of this piece of poo "I-automatically-use-1/3-left-rudder"-Logitech Extreme 3d Pro wannabe-joystick.

Of course, I'd love to have a X52, but 120-150€ is abit too much for a joystick, so any other ones worth checking?

What I want it to have:
- Thrust handle
- Twist handle for rudder
- Hatswitch
- Force Feedback (not mandatory, tho)
- Cost under 100€

Only found one possible candidate; the Saitek Cyborg Force EVO, costing ~60€ from the dealer I buy my parts from.
http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/evoforce.htm

It has had some good reviews, anyone have any personal experiences from it?

I have the same stick and it is great. You don't need to install the software for it to work like IL-2 you set up buttons in game. The stick is sturyd, hey my 2 year old son has pulled it off the desk a half dozen times. Also it looks good with glowing buttons. Some complain the spring is stiff but I disagree, it is the right amount that you have to use a bit of force to move it but it gives you good feel. I'd get it if you can get a good deal.

Dowly
12-23-07, 03:33 PM
Well, that's the only one I've find that I like apart from the X52. So, I think that'll be it then. :up:

Chock
12-23-07, 07:47 PM
I have one, only two things bad about it: 1 it's ever so slightly on the samll side as far as your thumb falling on the secondary buttons goes (not minute, and it is adjustable, but bear it in mind if you have large hands) 2: One of the buttons came off mine within about 2 weeks of using it, I could put it back on, but it's not very inspiring to discover that happening. Other than that, it's a good stick, although the centering spring is perhaps a little too strong if I'm being really picky, which sometimes makes it hard to get totally wings level in Falcon for formation flying when online. I'd still say it's a good stick in spite of all that, but you might not like the fact that it's lit up like a pimp's car.

:D Chock

NiclDoe
12-23-07, 10:11 PM
I got a Satliek AV8R-01 just yesterday and it has most of the things u need ferret and im lovin it. it has a cool twist rudder asnd a big red shiny button i use for to ejecting. and it was only $40 dollars and more! me want to play online now cuz of this honey

Dowly
12-24-07, 02:22 AM
@Chock

Thanks for the info, mate. But yeh, like I said, that's the only good candidate I've come across on my search so that'll be it. Dont mind them lights and I really want the FF. :up:

@Nicldoe

Yes, I check that one too. Dont like the fact that the throttle handles are in the front of the joystick instead on the back where they usually are. And it had no Force Feedback.

NiclDoe
12-24-07, 03:38 PM
the throttles are in the back. :lol:

Dowly
12-25-07, 05:09 AM
the throttles are in the back. :lol:

Depends on from which angle you look at it. :yep: Most joysticks have the handle(s) on your side of the stick, but this has them the other way.
http://www.saitek.com/uk/images/product/av8r.jpg

JScones
12-30-07, 08:59 PM
I have a Saitek Cyborg Force EVO and love it.

Only thing I've found is that I have to reverse the throttle control on a number of games (like BoB2).

CCIP
12-30-07, 09:08 PM
I have a Saitek Cyborg Force EVO and love it.

Only thing I've found is that I have to reverse the throttle control on a number of games (like BoB2).

I have the same, but without force feedback.

Likewise very recommendable. Generally I would recommend Saiteks. They've had much better performance and lasted longer than any ofthers I've had so far.

Dowly
12-31-07, 07:32 AM
Thanks guys! I've now ordered the FF Cyborg Evo. Cant wait to finally, after a looooong time to have the rudder centered in level flight and not have to twist the handle a bit all the time. Really ruins the dogfights, spinning & stalling all the time. :nope:

SUBMAN1
01-07-08, 02:26 PM
Crud! Had I known, I saw a massive sale on Thrustmaster Cougars last week for $119 US!!! They are back close to $200 again though.

-S

Dowly
01-21-08, 09:35 AM
Finally! On wednesday, I will be the happy owner of Saitek Cyborg Evo! http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/11.gif

CCIP
01-21-08, 09:36 AM
Finally! On wednesday, I will be the happy owner of Saitek Cyborg Evo! http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/11.gif
:up:

Hope you enjoy it! Mine's still putting out a year and a half after I bought it. Hardly worn out at all (that's always been my #1 issue with sticks - they wore out quickly on me, especially Logitech ones. Both my Saitek sticks, on the other hand, are still very functional, especially the Cyborg Evo).

Stealth Hunter
01-21-08, 11:07 AM
Attack 3 Joystick. Currently using it and it's awesome all the way around. Pretty cheap for how nice it is (rubber grip which goes easy on the fingers and hand is especially nice).