PDA

View Full Version : Missing gun crew

Goose_green
12-22-07, 04:25 PM
I have a serious problem with my deck gun crew. Even though I have a deck gun installed, for some reason I cannot allocate anyone to use it. See screenshot below;

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Goose_Green/SH4Img2007-12-22_172653_765.jpg

Anyone have a solution for this glitch. What I will add is that I changed the name of my sub.

ReallyDedPoet
12-22-07, 07:23 PM
This is a strange one, I have never seen that before. Maybe others here have,
bump :up:

RDP

manucapo
12-22-07, 09:57 PM
happened to me once
during patch 1.3 when i changed the gun's position from fore to aft
going back to an older save file fixed it for me

kylesplanet
12-22-07, 11:57 PM
Yep it has happened to me several times, as a matter of fact, it is that way in my game right now. It usually happens when I upgrade my deck gun. It also really slows down the rate of fire, takes much longer to re-load.

Elder-Pirate
12-23-07, 12:14 AM
Happened to me also a few times. I've since learned that whatever end of the sub the deck gun is default at port don't change it. :nope: I think the admiral has it in for us anyway. :damn: :)

Fincuan
12-23-07, 05:38 AM
Yep, that usually happens when changing the gun from one end to another. See here for a solution: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=639652&postcount=14

edit: Actually that seems to help you to replace a bow deck gun with a stern one, not to return lost slots. You can load an older savegame and move the gun using the procedure described in the post(You have to be in port to do that), or try this if you want to keep your current save:

1. Locate and BACKUP your ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc in My Documents/SH4/data/cfg/SaveGames/0000000X. Replace X with the number of the savegame you want to edit. You have to be in port to do this.

2. See if the gun is installed in compartment 7(stern deck gun) or 8(bow deck gun). This is done by looking at [UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment X.WeaponSlot 1.Weapon]. Replace X with compartment number. When you find that line, look under it for a weapon ID. If there is one(something like 4in50calUS), then there's a weapon installed.

3. Now scroll down a bit and find [UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment X.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 1](again, substitute X with the previously found compartment number). Remove the bold part, so that it reads: [UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment X.CrewMemberSlot 1]. Scroll down even more and do the same for [UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment X.CrewMemberSlot 2]

4. Save the file, start up SH4 and see if it worked. If you got even the bow gunnerslots back, then you can use the procedure described in the post I linked at the beginning to get a stern gun.

Goose_green
12-23-07, 06:21 AM
Thanks for your answers :up:

Fishu
12-30-07, 12:15 PM
3. Now scroll down a bit and find [UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment X.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 1](again, substitute X with the previously found compartment number). Remove the bold part, so that it reads: [UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment X.CrewMemberSlot 1]. Scroll down even more and do the same for [UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment X.CrewMemberSlot 2]

Besides this you may need to also check the leader status of the first slot. I noticed that the both crew slot type can be "Crewman" after changing the guns and this leaves, even when fixed by the instructions above, the gun crew without a leader. Although I don't know what's the effect of leader.

In the stern gun the CrewMemberSlot 1 and in the bow gun the CrewMemberSlot 2 type should read "Leader". The other slot type should be "Crewman". When this has been succesfully fixed you should see the change in the crew screen - The first appearing gun slot should be bigger than the second and the slot outlined in blue when uncrewed.

ceedub
01-02-08, 03:49 AM
So thats what happened! :-?
I upgraded my deck gun and changed it to the bow location, since then I couldn't crew the gun in my current mission.
Thanks for the info.
Now,to keep it simple, can I just move the deck gun back to a stern location the next time I'm in port to fix this issue?

Cheers and Happy New Year,
Ceedub

donut
01-02-08, 04:45 AM
you can use this fix to get crew slots for two, both for,& aft mounts

Fincuan
01-02-08, 07:41 AM
Besides this you may need to also check the leader status of the first slot. I noticed that the both crew slot type can be "Crewman" after changing the guns and this leaves, even when fixed by the instructions above, the gun crew without a leader. Although I don't know what's the effect of leader.

In the stern gun the CrewMemberSlot 1 and in the bow gun the CrewMemberSlot 2 type should read "Leader". The other slot type should be "Crewman". When this has been succesfully fixed you should see the change in the crew screen - The first appearing gun slot should be bigger than the second and the slot outlined in blue when uncrewed.

That's a good remark :up: Now that I look at my files, it seems that I had actually done that to my own savegame, but forgot to write it here. IIRC the guy in the leader slot can give some kind of "leader's bonus" to the compartment(the gun in this case), which you of course lose if there's no leader, but other than that it should still work.

DavyJonesFootlocker
01-02-08, 07:47 AM
My problem with the gun crew is that when in the office the game won't assign a crew. I have to use my renown points and get two seamen. Don't know if it's a Mod thing because I use Sober's Super Mod and use the RSRDC Mod.