PDA

View Full Version : RFB and extra sub....

Bulkhead
12-19-07, 08:24 PM
Hello again, sorry to be nagging, but i noticed that with RFB (i think) there was an extra sub i can choose, witch is called Narwhal class. And like the cuorious monkey that i am i googled the narwhal and found out that its a seriuosly huge sub.
I guess it was slow and heavy to manuver because of the size.

ReallyDedPoet
12-19-07, 09:43 PM
Hello again, sorry to be nagging, but i noticed that with RFB (i think) there was an extra sub i can choose, witch is called Narwhal class. And like the cuorious monkey that i am i googled the narwhal and found out that its a seriuosly huge sub.
I guess it was slow and heavy to manuver because of the size.
I think you mean in Trigger Maru. Yeah, she was a monster. If you get a chance give it a go, neat to see both deck guns in action :yep:

http://uboat.net/allies/warships/photos/am/usn_ss-167_narwhal.jpg

RDP

Ducimus
12-19-07, 11:56 PM
I woudlnt be surpised of the "psuedo narwhal" appeared in RFB though. Infact id encourage it. At least, until someone comes up with a better replacment for that class of submarine . :rotfl:

Peto
12-20-07, 12:07 AM
I'm still waiting for someone to model the Hunley. I'd like to take that baby into Tokyo :hmm:.

LukeFF
12-20-07, 01:38 AM
There is no Narwhal class sub in RFB.

Bulkhead
12-20-07, 06:25 PM
Look at the huge deck-gun deck, almost a i-400....like i have on my signature.
What job was a big sub like this ment for? She cant be any good in attack runs.... American milk.cow or something?

Bulkhead
12-20-07, 06:30 PM
I am not sure what it was, but there is a narwhal in my SH4 now... TM was mentioned, so i saddle with that.

swdw
12-20-07, 07:36 PM
Narwahl's not in RFB. Hoping to see a bigger version when the S3D import export objects allow so.

The narwahl was considered a "cruiser " sub when it was initially built. But the person who really can fill you in is the man who created the pseudo Narwhal.

AVGWarhawk
12-20-07, 08:27 PM

Not in RFB but it appears in Lurkers RSRD mod:yep: Phase 2 is out!

LukeFF
12-20-07, 08:55 PM

Not in RFB but it appears in Lurkers RSRD mod:yep: Phase 2 is out!
Well, yes, now there is. ;)

Ducimus
12-20-07, 08:58 PM
I know in my heart of hearts that at some point in time, someone will make a better Narhwhal mod then i did. I lack 3d modeling skills, hence the frankenstien ( :hulk: ) that was created. :lol:

AVGWarhawk
12-21-07, 08:34 AM
I know in my heart of hearts that at some point in time, someone will make a better Narhwhal mod then i did. I lack 3d modeling skills, hence the frankenstien ( :hulk: ) that was created. :lol:

I played around with it. Kind of a cool creation with what you have to work with. I like the two deck guns. She be a bit more menacing!

aanker
12-21-07, 01:11 PM
I played around with it. Kind of a cool creation with what you have to work with. I like the two deck guns. She be a bit more menacing!I like your NARWHAL Ducimus. At least there is one in SH4 that actually works now thanks to you. Those 6" guns are great.

I've played with free programs like Anim8or http://www.anim8or.com/ to make (and also bash together) fairly complex 3ds models for spacecraft. It is pretty fun. I wish I could Import / Export 3D Max models ...or whatever SH4 uses.

Art