PDA

View Full Version : NO sky & major loss of FPS

claybirdd
12-15-07, 03:54 PM
Need some real help from some salty sea dogs. mostly Ducimus.
Last night I got off work and loaded my 3rd patrol (in port late feb. 42) Upon loading all the graphics and everything are fine untill I go to the bridge or externall view. MAJOR loss of FPS, like a moving slideshow, and no sky all black, no stars clouds moon or sun , NOTHING. After allmost an hour of reloading , restarting, and rebooting I finally got thing to work (I even tried starting a seperate career but to no avail.). maybe just a fluke but I started at the dock as opposed to the harbor and things worked flawlessly. Only running T.M.1.7.2 +Evasion. It's a real head scratcher and really pissed me off. So to all that can S.O.S.

jdkbph
12-15-07, 05:59 PM
Don't know if it's related to your problem but I just loaded up SH4 1.4 with TM and all the goodies and got frame-rate whacked pretty good as well. I mean slide show. I know I should be cruising along at 80+ FPS worst case with all the settings maxed out, so I started unloading mods until I figured out what was causing it. Turned out to be the ROW stuff that was bundled up specifically for TM.

Seems kinda weird as I was running ROW with no frame rate hit under SH4 1.3 and TM 1.6x... but there it is. Put everything back in except that ROW package and we're smooth as silk once more.

JD

claybirdd
12-15-07, 07:20 PM
do you hahave to be in port to disable the ROW modlet. Or should i wait untill the end of the of my current patrol and disable everything and reenable everything except ROW modlet?

jdkbph
12-15-07, 09:42 PM
Not sure on that one. I was doing my testing using the artillery training mission. With the mod it was a slide show.... particularly when the guns were firing and the splashes and explosions were going off. Without the mod it was silk smooth.

Maybe you should just try it out that way to see if it makes a difference....?

JD