PDA

View Full Version : Load / Save BIG Problem

Enkidu
12-14-07, 06:42 AM
Hello All !

To : Experienced Captains and Admirals in Forum

(first sorry for me bad english )

I have problem a load / save game :

Yesterday i hunting for japs convoy and save game a range 3000m at enemy ships. When next loading this save game enemy ships are 8000-9000 m and Torp Chief talking 1,2,3,4,5 torpedo miss...torpedo miss... but i not shoot any torpedos
( perhaps Torp Officer drunk to much ? )
I load this save game second time but game crash to desktop in last moment of load (please wait..).
Then i try load eariel last 4 saves in the sea but all saves crash.
Works only save base/port save.

I reinstall SH4 + patching and start play game a last working save in base/port.
But i play 4h and must save game near enemy ships.
When i load SITUATION REPEAT :damn: , position of enemy ships changes , Torp Officer talking 1,2,3,4,5, torpedo miss....Next try to save and load game
ends a crash game to desktops. Only base/port save still work

Very Very Please Help in this situation i can't normaly play :cry:

SH4 + 1.3 Patch
P IV 2,4 Ghz
1 GB
ATI X820 Pro

Best Regards

Enkidu

TDK1044
12-14-07, 06:48 AM
Did you load any new mods without returning to port first? This feels like a classic case of corrupted saves due to mod conflicts.

Fincuan
12-14-07, 06:50 AM
1.3 has problems with saves happening near other units or ground. This is fixed in 1.4

Enkidu
12-14-07, 07:03 AM
Did you load any new mods without returning to port first? This feels like a classic case of corrupted saves due to mod conflicts.

Yes i test 2 mods without returning to port
1. Torpedos + 25%
2. New skins for Gato

Only i try to load but game crash (this normaly i now ) i never chance save game in active mods.

If i not save game possible to save game crash ??? :huh:

In this moment i have SH4 + 1.3 Patch + mod Torpedos +25% and mod skins
for Gato class.

Please suggest what going to return normaly play ?

Thanks for You reply

Enkidu

tomoose
12-14-07, 07:32 AM
As Fincuan says, part of your problem is fixed with the 1.4 patch.

If you have enabled mods and try to load a saved game (one that doesn't start in port) it will crash. Once a mod is enabled you must start "fresh" from port, you cannot start mid-patrol.
I would disable your mods, install patch 1.4 and restart that particular mission from port (assuming you still have the game saved at that point). Do NOT install any mods with patch 1.4 unless they are recognized as being compatible or you run the risk of continuing problems.

It's frustrating I know but you're not the first to experience this.

:up: