PDA

View Full Version : weird texture flickering

Lagger123987
12-07-07, 10:56 PM
Been getting some weird texture problems, can anyone fill me in about this?

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z34/lagger123987/SH4Img2007-12-07_193540_754.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z34/lagger123987/SH4Img2007-12-07_193558_848.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z34/lagger123987/SH4Img2007-12-07_194044_657.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z34/lagger123987/SH4Img2007-12-07_195645_068.jpg

AVGWarhawk
12-08-07, 09:10 AM
New one on me. What are the specs on your computer?

Snuffy
12-08-07, 09:25 AM
I think I've seen the second one.

Japanese villages and scenery and something that appear to be a beach, but the shoreline and the geography never rendered.

I've only seen it once, and the remedy I did was save the game at that point, exit out and come back with a fresh video cache. All was fine when I checked the shore out after the restart.

-----

On a different note, the first one appears to be a problem with cloud rendering?

-----

Graphic anomolies are usally a sign of the video getting ready to crap out on ya. Don't know what yer rig is or the age of your perpherials, but you may want to be prepared Lagger.

Lagger123987
12-08-07, 05:03 PM
New one on me. What are the specs on your computer?

AMD Athlon 5400+ X2 3 Ghz dual core processor
3GB RAM
7600GT 256mb video card
160GB HD
Basic sound card don't know which company.

Lagger123987
12-08-07, 06:32 PM
Here's maybe more of my problems

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z34/lagger123987/SH4Img2007-12-07_201951_708.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z34/lagger123987/SH4Img2007-12-07_211825_113.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z34/lagger123987/SH4Img2007-12-07_211827_010.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z34/lagger123987/SH4Img2007-12-07_211836_040.jpg

For some reason, only SH4 maybe SH3 too give me texture problems now, used to not be like this before.

Reece
12-08-07, 07:18 PM
That last one I had when I was playing around with the SH4 Scene.dat file & Env files in SH3, also had something like this on an old ATI 9800 pro card, did it in other games like FarCry as well, needless to say I had to buy a new one!:doh: Certainly a rendering problem!:-?

Lagger123987
12-08-07, 07:21 PM
That last one I had when I was playing around with the SH4 Scene.dat file & Env files in SH3, also had something like this on an old ATI 9800 pro card, did it in other games like FarCry as well, needless to say I had to buy a new one!:doh: Certainly a rendering problem!:-?

Don't tell me I need to buy a new one, I just got this card back in August-September, it's only a few months old.

manucapo
12-08-07, 07:34 PM
some questions that i think are essential and that noones asked

1st Does this happen with any other games (you might want to try a benchmarking program and see if it happens)

2nd are you using any MODS , maybe it is a problem with a mod's texture

3rd Do you overclock your graphic card
and are you letting all options on it to APPLICATION CONTROLED, so to be sure
not to force the game to do something it wasnt designed for.

4th and what settings are you running your game on?

Lagger123987
12-08-07, 07:36 PM
some questions that i think are essential and that noones asked

1st Does this happen with any other games (you might want to try a benchmarking program and see if it happens)

2nd are you using any MODS , maybe it is a problem with a mod's texture

3rd Do you overclock your graphic card
and are you letting all options on it to APPLICATION CONTROLED, so to be sure
not to force the game to do something it wasnt designed for.

4th and what settings are you running your game on?

1.No
2.No
3.No
4. Everything high, but no Fog and Vsync, 1440x900.

manucapo
12-08-07, 07:42 PM
ok the only thing that comes to mind is
your resolution
try setting your resolution to a more common one like
1024 by 768 pixels
ive heard of SH4 having problems with some of the higher resolutions.
sometimes very serious problems

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=126468

look at that post, and you can alredy see from the first picture the kind of stuff that RES problems can bring

Lagger123987
12-08-07, 07:48 PM
ok the only thing that comes to mind is
your resolution
try setting your resolution to a more common one like
1024 by 768 pixels
ive heard of SH4 having problems with some of the higher resolutions.
sometimes very serious problems

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=126468

look at that post, and you can alredy see from the first picture the kind of stuff that RES problems can bring

Hope by Christmas I can get a new video card and power supply, but it never happen before, before it used to run fine and smooth. I'll try on the lowering of resolution if that doesn't work then what?

manucapo
12-08-07, 07:53 PM
thats the last thing i can think of rigth now
i got this problems with MSFSX and a new graphic card fixed it
but it was the exact card you have.
that did it
il try and keep on thinking,
there is only one more thing that worked for me also on MSFSX

set all options to low, (hoping the problem is gone)
and then raise the options ONE BY ONE to see when does the game **** up
i had hours of fun (i hope you see the sarcasm) doing this on fs to tweak the game to its most balanced state, but it did the magic.

Lagger123987
12-08-07, 07:56 PM
thats the last thing i can think of rigth now
i got this problems with MSFSX and a new graphic card fixed
but it was the exact card you have.
that did it
il try and keep on thinking,
there is only one more thing that worked for me also on MSFSX

set all options to low, (hoping the problem is gone)
and then raise the options ONE BY ONE to see when does the game **** up
i had hours of fun (i hope you see the sarcasm) doing this on fs to tweak the game to its most balanced state, but it did the magic.

Thanks for your help, if this keep ups, then new card and power supply is in my top list for thing to buy before Christmas.

manucapo
12-08-07, 08:01 PM
ok let us know if you fix it
and just one more thing of the top of my head , make sure you have your drivers up to date
good luck

Lagger123987
12-08-07, 08:09 PM
and just one more thing of the top of my head , make sure you have your drivers up to date
good luck

I did update to the latest but still get texture problems, so I roll back to my old one. I also update my directx drivers but still give me the same problems too.

Lagger123987
12-08-07, 11:44 PM
good luck

couldn't fix it, still getting texture problems.

Fish40
12-09-07, 05:15 AM
What are the possibilities it could be an overheating issue? Do you have another card you could try? I've had cooling fans stop working on relativly new cards, and caused mayhem.

hector
12-09-07, 05:56 AM
I have been getting some very strange looking graphic anomolies with patch 1.4 .They are flashing triangles of colour or just large blocks of triangular colour.They happen in the office immediately or sometimes it will take a few minutes before they will appear in "any" in game view.

My card is a Nvidia 7900GTX and i thought that it was a driver issue and tried three different ones including the latest version up until then.(patch install)I even tried a rollback to an earlier driver like the 94.88(iirc)
This didnt work so i figured that maybe it was an over heating problem and took the comp to my local shop.The bloke put the card through its paces and said it was fine.I spoke to the bloke in the shop a few days later and he suggested a reformat might help as maybe my comp had a deep routed and difficult to trace brain fart.I had the reformat done and the first thing i reload is vanilla SHIV and it worked as it should.I then reload patch 1.4 and bang,the same grapic anomolies are back again.I tried a reinstall with patch 1.3 and everything "seemed" fine for the time i tested it,put 1.4 back in and wallop,off we go again.

Apologies for the longwinded post but i did want to explain the lengths i have gone to try and get 1.4 to work.I have tried lots of different things like redownloading the patch from a different source but nothing seems to work.

Hector.

Lagger123987
12-09-07, 08:22 PM
What are the possibilities it could be an overheating issue? Do you have another card you could try? I've had cooling fans stop working on relativly new cards, and caused mayhem.

My card never overheat so far.

Lagger123987
12-09-07, 08:24 PM
I have been getting some very strange looking graphic anomolies with patch 1.4 .They are flashing triangles of colour or just large blocks of triangular colour.They happen in the office immediately or sometimes it will take a few minutes before they will appear in "any" in game view.

My card is a Nvidia 7900GTX and i thought that it was a driver issue and tried three different ones including the latest version up until then.(patch install)I even tried a rollback to an earlier driver like the 94.88(iirc)
This didnt work so i figured that maybe it was an over heating problem and took the comp to my local shop.The bloke put the card through its paces and said it was fine.I spoke to the bloke in the shop a few days later and he suggested a reformat might help as maybe my comp had a deep routed and difficult to trace brain fart.I had the reformat done and the first thing i reload is vanilla SHIV and it worked as it should.I then reload patch 1.4 and bang,the same grapic anomolies are back again.I tried a reinstall with patch 1.3 and everything "seemed" fine for the time i tested it,put 1.4 back in and wallop,off we go again.

Apologies for the longwinded post but i did want to explain the lengths i have gone to try and get 1.4 to work.I have tried lots of different things like redownloading the patch from a different source but nothing seems to work.

Hector.

I decided to uninstall SH4 first just play it without the 1.4 patch first.

Reece
12-10-07, 05:54 AM
If you have your card over clocked then I would put it back to standard, if it is set to standard you could try running it at slightly lower settings, better than nothing!:yep: If you get a new card I would be going for the new ATI HD series, but don't tell me or I will cry!:cry: :up:

Lagger123987
12-10-07, 08:43 PM
If you have your card over clocked then I would put it back to standard, if it is set to standard you could try running it at slightly lower settings, better than nothing!:yep: If you get a new card I would be going for the new ATI HD series, but don't tell me or I will cry!:cry: :up:

Well, my card is not overclocked but the reinstalling SH4 and adding latest Directx and Nvidia drivers fix my problem, I don't see and texture flickering, but the factory smoke is still boxy looking.