PDA

View Full Version : Conning Tower of DOOM!

WildYak
12-07-07, 04:00 AM
Here's an issue that may or may not have been brought up before:

I'm cruising around in a IXC in mid '43 with GWX 1.4. I've noticed that as of late, whenever I sustain damage to my conning tower my watch crew will immediately die when they man it afterwards. For example: submerged off Curacao and a DD DCs the BJs (Bejeezuses) out of me and I lost both periscopes and sustained bunch of other bruises as well. I coped with the flooding and managed to slip away. I surfaced later on, far from any kind of hostiles, and in about 8 seconds had lost my entire crew. They man the deck (as they do by default) and suddenly scream and drop dead. Their replacements do the same until my mission ends due to lack of crew. This only seems to happen when the conning tower has sustained heavy damage.

Is this a GWX bug? Specific to this boat? Something they ate?

Looking foward to 2.0...and this is a great forum by the way.

danlisa
12-07-07, 04:07 AM
The problem is fixed in GWX 2.0.:up:

The problem is specific to the IX's and the IX/3 conning tower. (IIRC) Use a different tower and all will be well.

Or just wait for 2.0.

Canovaro
12-07-07, 04:10 AM
This is a known SH3 bug with conning tower type 3, that will be fixed with GWX 2.0
If you can't wait, search for "turm fix" (gwx 1.03 compatible) on this forum or try a search engine.
It is supposed to fixed this, altthough I never tried this solution, nor encountered the problem altogether :)

WildYak
12-07-07, 04:12 AM
Excellent. One more reason to be a good boy and ask Santa to put 2.0 in my stocking...

Thanks.

Jonathan
12-07-07, 04:47 AM
Here's an issue that may or may not have been brought up before:

I'm cruising around in a IXC in mid '43 with GWX 1.4. I've noticed that as of late, whenever I sustain damage to my conning tower my watch crew will immediately die when they man it afterwards. For example: submerged off Curacao and a DD DCs the BJs (Bejeezuses) out of me and I lost both periscopes and sustained bunch of other bruises as well. I coped with the flooding and managed to slip away. I surfaced later on, far from any kind of hostiles, and in about 8 seconds had lost my entire crew. They man the deck (as they do by default) and suddenly scream and drop dead. Their replacements do the same until my mission ends due to lack of crew. This only seems to happen when the conning tower has sustained heavy damage.

Is this a GWX bug? Specific to this boat? Something they ate?

Looking foward to 2.0...and this is a great forum by the way.

Well, my best guess had Navy Seals planting mined explosives on your tophatch WHILE you were being depth charged. Still, that sounds cooler than a "bug" :rotfl:

Canovaro
12-07-07, 05:07 AM
Well, my best guess had Navy Seals planting mined explosives on your tophatch WHILE you were being depth charged. Still, that sounds cooler than a "bug" :rotfl:

:rotfl:

Well in that case we should name the fix "Navy Seal removal tool".
Sounds better than "Turm Fix" anyway.
:lol: