PDA

View Full Version : Hats Off To Letum

flag4
12-01-07, 05:07 PM
my hat comes off for Letum.

i have been using - teaching myself his/your 4-point track to attack method and boy o boy does it work.

i am a naff at maths and working things out like navigation and maths in general, this is what i was dreadfully slow at school with - maths.

and now, playing this game, i thought i would stay away from navigation and the like, and keep it that way, simple.

but i saw Letums 4-point plan and it felt like i could do it - and would'nt that make it more real for me too !!

it may sound simple, or, from me, a little over the top, but, i have always blanked-out at maths.
And this is the first time i have acheived - taught myself to do it. i still find it wobbly, but, iam turning up at the same time as the unfortunate Merchants.

Hay-Ho !!

cheers Letum :yep: :rock:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104236&highlight=convoy+interception+tutorial

scroll down past Albrecht Von Hess to Letum

GoldenRivet
12-01-07, 06:28 PM
where might I find this plan of attack? Always interested in new strategies!

donw
12-01-07, 08:18 PM
where might I find this plan of attack? Always interested in new strategies!

Yea! What he said!

Nerazzurri
12-01-07, 08:57 PM
I think what he means is in here -

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104236&highlight=point

flag4
12-02-07, 10:12 AM
thanks Nerazzuri - my slip up !

tried to insert thread but cocked it up

sorry

Nerazzurri
12-02-07, 11:09 AM
thanks Nerazzuri - my slip up !

tried to insert thread but cocked it up

sorry

No problem mate.

For the few weeks I've been playing SH3 I've only been gradually increasing the realism and I've been getting away with 'guesstimation' for intercepts and doing OK.

But now I'm introducing more important realism I'll need to improve the interceptions.

So i'm going to try Letums method first as it look an easy introduction. Then I'll try a few others to find what works best for me.

Letum
12-02-07, 11:28 AM
Oh, Cheers! :know:

I don't deserve the credit for the method of course.

Sailor Steve
12-02-07, 02:22 PM
I don't wear a hat.

flag4
12-02-07, 03:00 PM
surely you can think of something to take off

Dowly
12-02-07, 03:04 PM
surely you can think of something to take off

Dont dare him. :p