PDA

View Full Version : plummeting

flag4
12-01-07, 01:30 PM
hi hunter's

i have just plumeted to the bottom on several occasions. i was surfaced. i had just loaded a save. and down we all went. it was fascinating watching the crew slide away as we reached, i think it was, 390 meteres. it was at that point the boat crushed !! (V11B)

so far i've got six saves with this patrol, and i've had to go back to No.4 before it stabalized. i'm running GWX, SH3 COMMANDER, SH3 WEATHER. have not saved under water - might - just might have saved near a burning ship, but other than that i dunno ?

there have been other glitches, but these i think, come under sabotague/malfunctions. i have enabled lite harbor traffic with roll-back. also i rolled back for SH3 weather: talking of SH3 weather, i've asked for heavy fog and rain and ironically enough it's deathly flat calm - clear skies - bag pipes a' blarrin' - no ships, could hold a chuffin bag pipe convention out here, and not one ********* would hear us. crew seem happy enough too, it's just this sudden plummeting to the bottom at 23kts+ that scare's the sh** outa us...

i would be grateful for any insight; i know someone out there has had this before...

yours truely

Bob Down

Brag
12-01-07, 01:40 PM
If I remember right, messing with the weather can create the crash dive of doom. But wait 'til someone more knowledgeable comes up with an accurate answer.

Letum
12-01-07, 01:48 PM
its a issue with SH3 Weather.

Either:
1) get the lates version of SH3 weather (may be hard to find, I don't know)
Or
2) Generate SH3 weather before you load every save.

flag4
12-01-07, 02:08 PM
thanks Brag/Letum for getting back,

would it be worth uninstalling sh3 weather - abandon it all together ?

bigboywooly
12-01-07, 02:16 PM
The latest version is 1.5 IIRC

Not used SH3 weather in ages so its up to you whether you think its worth keeping

But the plummet has been linked to earlier versions of SH3weather

flag4
12-01-07, 02:41 PM
....and everything was going so well, just thought i try an incy wincy modcy just to pep things-weather up a little, coz it was either stormy or flat alot.

i like the begining of sh3 - the animated bit with the boat emerging from the fog - yeah! that would be good for me - love to see that, but........

:down:

think i'll strip it out when i'm tired of this patrol plumetting...
cheers all.....

Fenris_Wolf
12-01-07, 09:15 PM
I removed SH3 weather only because of that bug. First, someone suggested to edit it's config file and change seatype from 0 to 1 as well as some other changes. But that didn't work. Sub used to crash to 530+ meters within seconds and then stop but never got destroyed from it. If my suspicion is correct, there was no water on the seafloor and it would just drop down after loading and sadly propellers don't work on land (I didn't have free view to confirm).

Gezoes
12-02-07, 08:53 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119941

Take a look, you might be suffering from the wind speed bug :hmm:

flag4
12-02-07, 10:31 AM
thanks Gezoes,

i've taken down the particulars, but, AND a BIG BUT, i have never tampered with such things before...

will struggle on for now till present patrol or me give up..

cheers :up:

Stealth Hunter
12-02-07, 01:46 PM
LOL. I rammed into the bottom of the Med in a VIIC that was going at 80 knots.:rotfl:

Got to 490 meters before *WHOOSH!!* we died. It was so funny to hear them scream, "WE'VE TAKEN DAMAGE!!!" and "MEN DOWN ON THE DECK!" and "CURRENT DEPTH: 4-5-9 METERS!!"

Blacklight
12-02-07, 03:21 PM
i had just loaded a save. and down we all went.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!

flag4
12-02-07, 03:28 PM
Blacklight, it's not funny.

i lost all my salami's

:cry: