PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to Save a Career???

ChrisG2100
11-29-07, 08:18 PM
What is the best way to save a career? Like what files should I make backup copies of? I've kept trying to go back to old careers, but once I die, if I go back to an old saved game, then save and exit once I reopen the career all my saves are gone and my crew is listed as dead in SH3 Commander. :damn: :damn: :damn:

Thanks.

sasquatch
11-29-07, 09:25 PM
There's no way to fix this "bug":damn: Any time you go to a previous career, you will lose the later ones. No mods can fix this:know:

Badger Finn
11-30-07, 12:15 AM
Two saves works for me. One in the save game option thats my master copy and another done stright after using the Save and exit game option. Next reload is from the save game option. Gives a 98% chance of avoiding other save glitches like the sinking U-boat scenario and the dud career thing

:yep:

ChrisG2100
11-30-07, 10:38 AM
Two saves works for me. One in the save game option thats my master copy and another done stright after using the Save and exit game option. Next reload is from the save game option. Gives a 98% chance of avoiding other save glitches like the sinking U-boat scenario and the dud career thing

:yep:

Thanks for your help. I'm also going to try a couple of things. If any work, I'll let you guys know.

Jimbuna
11-30-07, 12:13 PM
When you state 'the dud career thing' if you mean the game 'losing' a career...that is definitely fixeable.
Add the letter 'x' to your secondary save, load the game up and change it back to it's original name at a later date.

Jonathan
11-30-07, 01:19 PM
When you state 'the dud career thing' if you mean the game 'losing' a career...that is definitely fixeable.
Add the letter 'x' to your secondary save, load the game up and change it back to it's original name at a later date.

This is what I do. And you have to be careful that you click LOAD SAVE and not DELETE SAVE. I have lost two promising careers so far because of this.

Be very careful!

Badger Finn
11-30-07, 05:51 PM
You would think after all this time Devs could have figured out a better save game function in this sim. Even AOD SH2 had better save game function than this setup! Some things just dont add up in the comp world 1 step forward 2 steps back.

:arrgh!: