PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof Watch Crew

Nerazzurri
11-29-07, 01:04 PM
I've searched the forum and can't find anything on this (that's a cue for someone finding a thread!).

When I'm in rough seas, sometimes the the bridge/conning tower gets swamped with water, metres over the heads of the watch crew; they're still standing there, binocs to the face LOL. It looks TERRIBLE. :nope:

Am I missing a patch or mod that would get rid of this?

Thanks, Gavin.

Mikey_Wolf
11-29-07, 01:48 PM
They've always been like it - they have a very large lung capacity. :rotfl:

Nerazzurri
11-29-07, 02:02 PM
They must have heavy boots to go with their big lungs - bolt upright, looking through binoculars, and don't move a muscle when they get hit by tons of sea-water :doh:

PavelKirilovich
11-29-07, 02:16 PM
Yeah, the watch crew are superhuman. I got slapped in the face by a wave while finishing tying on a sailboat to the wharf, and it knocked me ass over elbows and nearly off the far side of the wharf.

And that's why we always check the weather reports before we take boats out on that particular piece of water. The wind can whip up the surface an ungodly amount, ungodly fast.

I usually find it amusing, more than irritating, but that's usually because someone has this tendancy to adjust their binocular's eyepieces while under about two, maybe three meters of seawater. Nonchalantly staring off the starboard bow. Just staring at sea life. Gah.

papa_smurf
11-29-07, 02:17 PM
Nothing you can do about it - happens all the time. You'll just have to order extra breathing equipment next time your in port.

Nerazzurri
11-29-07, 03:32 PM
OK guys thanks. Just thought I'd ask. There's great details on the game and mods, it's surprising to see something so ridiculous; like you say - adjusting binocs under 2 metres of water?!? LOL

kaarlo
11-29-07, 03:48 PM
I've searched the forum and can't find anything on this (that's a cue for someone finding a thread!).

When I'm in rough seas, sometimes the the bridge/conning tower gets swamped with water, metres over the heads of the watch crew; they're still standing there, binocs to the face LOL. It looks TERRIBLE. :nope:

I have had the same problem when under water. Sometimes the game decides, that the watch crew should climb out to the deck, even if my boat is submerged. Usually this happens, when i'm running under 2 knots in periscope depth. I GWX the top of the conning tower is visible in this depth when running at 2 knots or slower, and in order to avoid this is usually adjust my depth to 14 m. Then, the heroic crew appear :D

I also found funny that on the same time, the boat is running with electric engines, but CO2-rate is at zero.

I also hate the bug, but there isn't much we can do.

GWX 1.3, commander 2.6

danurve
11-29-07, 04:22 PM
A nice fresh 30 degree saltwater shower?
What's not to like.

RadioLog_Expanded; Comming soon to a SH3 screen near you.

Brag
11-29-07, 04:25 PM
Our U boat crews are tough :smug:

Nerazzurri
11-29-07, 04:37 PM
Our U boat crews are tough :smug:

They need to be, mate, they need to be :arrgh!:

Badger Finn
11-29-07, 05:47 PM
OK guys thanks. Just thought I'd ask. There's great details on the game and mods, it's surprising to see something so ridiculous; like you say - adjusting binocs under 2 metres of water?!? LOL

Indeed :rotfl:

Sailor Steve
11-29-07, 06:30 PM
You could always turn off the external views. I don't know of too many captains who can fly outside their subs to see if the watch crew is there or not.:rotfl:

kiwikapitan
01-13-08, 06:43 AM
Hah I can beat that. I crash dived my sub today and to my utter amazement my watch crew were still on deck 60+ mtrs under!! Incredible lung capacity indeed. :o:rotfl:

TomcatMVD
01-13-08, 08:47 AM
"Permission to what?!! Get your ass up there and keep scanning the horizon you lazy bastard!!! Our Fatherland would be very dissapointed if a little bit of salt water prevented us from scoring a hit!":arrgh!:

Blacklight
01-13-08, 03:18 PM
Didn't watch crews clip tethers to the railings to keep them from getting washed out ?
...and yes. The first thing that a watch crew does for training is get his head dunked underwater for several minutes every day for a year or so. You'd be surprised at how much more lung capacity and sure footedness they gain for when those waves roll over the conning tower.:88)

kenijaru
01-13-08, 04:16 PM
You could always turn off the external views. I don't know of too many captains who can fly outside their subs to see if the watch crew is there or not.:rotfl:

not many could order the crew by moving little vodoo dolls over a map either :rotfl:

Pisces
01-13-08, 05:26 PM
Has nobody considered doing a 'scuba-gear watch crew'-mod?

Flamingboat
01-13-08, 05:50 PM
I think this is 100% normal and true to life. You know these are Germans!