PDA

View Full Version : Fight or Fly?

ChrisG2100
11-28-07, 12:20 PM
So. I've tried to sink a destroyer got spotted by two PT boats and now have 8 ships looking for me in 40 meters of water. I'm on full manual. I might be able to get a shot off at the 2 other destroyers comming. I fired 4 at the 1st destroyer and missed but I rammed him and he sank???:up: But I don't get credit for the sunk destroyer???:damn:

Should I fight or fly?

kaarlo
11-28-07, 12:54 PM
Fly, and pray! 40 m is not enough, and you don't have a change to kill all eight ships. Even if you could sink six of them, two is still too much.

I would use Bolds and try to sneak away, even if the situation seems hopeless :cry:

Foghladh_mhara
11-28-07, 01:02 PM
I'm surprised your alive to ask the question!! Run away... Quietly

Canovaro
11-28-07, 01:50 PM
fly while you still can.

Brag
11-28-07, 02:07 PM
I hate to say it, but you got yourself into a pickle. 1.) You went into shallow water (sounds like Der Kanal) 2.) Tangled up with destroyers. If you live through this (highly unlikely), Stay out of shallow water, avoid destroyers, sink merchants, lot's of them.

ChrisG2100
11-28-07, 02:39 PM
I hate to say it, but you got yourself into a pickle. 1.) You went into shallow water (sounds like Der Kanal) 2.) Tangled up with destroyers. If you live through this (highly unlikely), Stay out of shallow water, avoid destroyers, sink merchants, lot's of them.

I'm in the Channel. Got cocky - nub and all. Ok, will try to sneak away. The PT boats are just shadowing me while the replacement destroyers come up. I'm on silent running at 2 kts.

Fusek
11-28-07, 02:40 PM
Fly, and pray!
Dont waste time fleeing, just pray!

candy2500
11-28-07, 04:20 PM
let us know what happens, it reminds me of a long 3 hr escape session once getting caught trying to slip by Dover..

Ping Panther
11-28-07, 05:03 PM
:o Dig!!! Start digging the Chunnel! :lol:

ChrisG2100
11-28-07, 08:47 PM
Well folks. I evaded for 1 1/2 hrs real and game time...but to no good. They got me in the end. :dead: I almost thought I'd slipped them and then some noise on the boat tipped them off and they got me. :damn: A good but frustrating cruise.:yep:

Well maybe I'll return from the next one.:D

Kpt. Lehmann
11-29-07, 01:04 AM
Destroyer captain to executive officer:

"Pip pip! I do believe we right plugged old Jerry once more. What say you old chap?"

Executive officer to destroyer captain:

"Is that wot's with all the bubbles and oil about? I do believe you are right, old man! Cheerio!"

"I say old chum! I do believe one of the ashcans dinged Fritz right and proper! Silly buggers, getting caught out in the shallows."

;)

-SWCowboy.
11-29-07, 01:49 AM
Man that sucks, I wouldn't have lasted nearly as long as you did. In online games with Koondawg I'm usually the first to go down. He likes it when it isn't a turkey shoot and I always die when the destroyers catch me under their keels... Who would've thought a corvette would be so daggone stubborn? :nope:

ChrisG2100
11-29-07, 10:00 AM

"Pip pip! I do believe we right plugged old Jerry once more. What say you old chap?"

Executive officer to destroyer captain:

"Is that wot's with all the bubbles and oil about? I do believe you are right, old man! Cheerio!"

"I say old chum! I do believe one of the ashcans dinged Fritz right and proper! Silly buggers, getting caught out in the shallows."

;)

German spy to High Command:

"U-Boote very brave. Deception sucessful. I am in London."

ChrisG2100
11-29-07, 10:01 AM
Oh look. I'm now in 400 meters of water. So English Channel equals death. Got it.

candy2500
11-29-07, 01:08 PM
Well folks. I evaded for 1 1/2 hrs real and game time...but to no good. They got me in the end. :dead: I almost thought I'd slipped them and then some noise on the boat tipped them off and they got me. :damn: A good but frustrating cruise.:yep:

thats to bad, but i bet it was fun

the best time's I've hade playing is not when sinking ships but when under attack.just a coupe of patrols ago i was trying to slip by Dover, it was night and i came up to recharge and get some air. it wasn't storming but it was cloudy with fog and very choppy water. then a VW runs up on me and charges me guns blazing. i dove and just about got under when the VW run right over the front of the boat destroying the forward torpedo room and had heavy flooding. i was doing ok in evading his runs in till his buddy's showed up and i was taking on 3 destroyers. BOOM one propeller destroyed BOOM aft torpedo room flooding, the tail end of the boat was dragging the bottom and i could only make 1 knot, but we kept digging and repairing. it went on for 2 hr's like that in till they ran out of depth charges. one destroyer headed for home but the other 2 still wouldn't give up they followed me for another hr when all of a sudden they almost ran into each other and had to stop,while they un tangled there selves i changed course and they lost me and when they got going again they searched for about 15 minuets still trying to find me but they never did. so with a full load of torpedo's and a wrecked boat i headed for port.

papa_smurf
11-29-07, 02:14 PM
Heres a simple thing to remember:

Channel = DEATH!

ChrisG2100
11-29-07, 07:38 PM

thats to bad, but i bet it was fun

the best time's I've hade playing is not when sinking ships but when under attack.just a coupe of patrols ago i was trying to slip by Dover, it was night and i came up to recharge and get some air. it wasn't storming but it was cloudy with fog and very choppy water. then a VW runs up on me and charges me guns blazing. i dove and just about got under when the VW run right over the front of the boat destroying the forward torpedo room and had heavy flooding. i was doing ok in evading his runs in till his buddy's showed up and i was taking on 3 destroyers. BOOM one propeller destroyed BOOM aft torpedo room flooding, the tail end of the boat was dragging the bottom and i could only make 1 knot, but we kept digging and repairing. it went on for 2 hr's like that in till they ran out of depth charges. one destroyer headed for home but the other 2 still wouldn't give up they followed me for another hr when all of a sudden they almost ran into each other and had to stop,while they un tangled there selves i changed course and they lost me and when they got going again they searched for about 15 minuets still trying to find me but they never did. so with a full load of torpedo's and a wrecked boat i headed for port.

U-53, Type VIIB in-transit to BE61 - 3 Sept 1939

Wow. Very cool. Yeah it was fun and when I thought I'd gotten free I couldn't wait to tell you guys. So far I've had 3 patrols and not returned from any of them. I am now north of Scarpa Flow and in 400 meters of water. Just had 3 1/2 days of stormy weather and now its all clear.