PDA

View Full Version : GWX saved games ctd

danurve
11-27-07, 11:55 PM
Looking for some help on this one from experienced GWX team/players.

When I load any saved game SH3 ctd's. TRied new carrers all at the start of the war. Same problem. All saves have been on the surface, no land in the grid, no ships nearby. Checked the 3 mis windspeed settings - all at ( WindSpeed=4.000000 ). Not using SH3Commander on this, fresh patched install on a MultiSH3 environment, saves going to my documents/GWX folder.
Running 1.03 & these mods;
GWX - Reduced Positive Buoyancy
GWX - Contact Color
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
That's it.

What else might I check / try?

Making sure there's no problems with RadioLog_Expanded, decided to roll with a few carrers and take a real look since 1.0 and ran into this issue. Hopefull it can be solved.

TarJak
11-28-07, 01:31 AM
One thing that should fix it is to delete the SH3 folder in My Documents.

Were the careers there from a previous install pre GWX? If so then that may be the cause.

What happens if you start a new career then save? Does that CTD as well? If so then the only answer may be to delete the folder I mentioned above.

danurve
11-28-07, 09:13 AM
Yes there was an existing GWX folder in My Doc's with some files.
I remember deleting those in-game before I reinstalled, but I'll swipe the whole folder when I get home and try that - thanx.

I also remember saving the academy file but I renemed it, and just pasted the text lines into the newly created one. Didn't think that would be a problem.

Badger Finn
11-28-07, 08:40 PM
Looking for some help on this one from experienced GWX team/players.

When I load any saved game SH3 ctd's. TRied new carrers all at the start of the war. Same problem. All saves have been on the surface, no land in the grid, no ships nearby. Checked the 3 mis windspeed settings - all at ( WindSpeed=4.000000 ). Not using SH3Commander on this, fresh patched install on a MultiSH3 environment, saves going to my documents/GWX folder.
Running 1.03 & these mods;
GWX - Reduced Positive Buoyancy
GWX - Contact Color
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
That's it.

What else might I check / try

Making sure there's no problems with RadioLog_Expanded, decided to roll with a few carrers and take a real look since 1.0 and ran into this issue. Hopefull it can be solved.

How u save the game can be a work a round. I do one save in the save option and another in the Save & exit game option. Reload game from the save option and no more ctd's and sinking u-boat...a quick work around...

TarJak
11-28-07, 08:46 PM
Yes there was an existing GWX folder in My Doc's with some files.
I remember deleting those in-game before I reinstalled, but I'll swipe the whole folder when I get home and try that - thanx.

I also remember saving the academy file but I renemed it, and just pasted the text lines into the newly created one. Didn't think that would be a problem.

This folder normally has to go before installing. but after is OK as well. At least you don't have to do a full reinstall.

danurve
11-28-07, 10:54 PM
Ok I zapped the folder and let the game create a new one. So far two different carrers 1st. & 2nd. flotillas a few saves and reloads - I think it's good to go. :cool:
Dankt viel.

danurve
11-29-07, 08:22 AM
Went one step further and copied Commander into a Commander-GWX folder so the mod could have it's own Commander files, leaving the original for MultiSH3 installs. Anyhow two more test carrers and all still seems well.

Gotta have Commander - :up:

RadioLog_Expanded; Comming soon to a SH3 screen near you.