PDA

View Full Version : PC Specs for best enjoyment

Wreford-Brown
11-27-07, 04:24 PM
Having played stock SH3 for over a year I'm new to the GWX community (and seriously looking forward to GWX 2.0!)
I'm looking for a new PC and want to get the most out of SH3 - what specs do I need to get the most out of GWX and the other mods?

BulSoldier
11-27-07, 04:29 PM
Well i play in a very nice pc and sometimes the fps drops dramaticly in hight tc.It SHOULD be from the game itself. My pc is amd 3800+ x2 (dual core or whatever it is called) video card is G force 7950 and 2gb ram.

But you dont need such for a nice play.I didnt have opurtunity to test the game on slower machines.

sasquatch
11-27-07, 04:33 PM
Here's my specs:
3.2 Ghz Pen IV Processor
1.5 GB RAM
320 GB HD (Seagate 7200 RPM)
Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT

I'm getting ready to build my next pc. The AMD X5200 (dual-core) looks really good right now and is dirt cheap (125 American dollars). Make sure you research whatever video card you get. There's a lot more to them then meets the eye... A GeForce 7600GT will max out all but the newest games, and it costs under $100 at newegg.com.

Hope this helps:up:

sasquatch
11-27-07, 04:35 PM
Well i play in a very nice pc and sometimes the fps drops dramaticly in hight tc.It SHOULD be from the game itself. My pc is amd 3800+ x2 (dual core or whatever it is called) video card is G force 7950 and 2gb ram.

But you dont need such for a nice play.I didnt have opurtunity to test the game on slower machines.

You have a 7950GT?!? I envy you... However, SH3 doesn't utilize dual-core processors, so it would be better to have a higher speed for this particular game.

BulSoldier
11-27-07, 04:40 PM
I actually wanted one even better but only 20 then were shipped in the country to test the market and all were buy out in the first days,so i got this one.
About the processor,bad that happens,may be that has something to do with the droping of fps when near many many ships.Thanks for the information :up:

The Munster
11-27-07, 04:41 PM
Hi and welcome Wreford-Brown
I would use my specs as a benchmark for minimum requirements ..

3.0 Ghz Pentium 4
1 Gb RAM
Nvidia Geforce 6800

Hope this information is helpful to you.

Jonathan
11-27-07, 07:07 PM
I am playing the game, quite smoothly, with:

AMD 64 3500+ (single core)
2 gigs PC3200 Kingston Ram
EVGA Nvidia 6600GT (PCI-X16)
Seagate 250 3.0/gbs (SATA II)
Creative Labs Soundblaster Live! w/ 5.1 speakers

Not a blazing rig, but it can handle SH3 with no problem.

Oh, and do not, for the love of God, buy a computer. Order the parts and build it yourself. www.newegg.com is all that you need, and www.dl.tv has a full breakdown on how to buy, setup, and build your computer from the ground up.

Schöneboom
11-27-07, 09:34 PM
Guten Abend, W-B,

One additional tip that I hope is not too controversial here: I would stick with WinXP and avoid Vista (I don't trust it now & probably never will).

Mach's gut!

Jonathan
11-27-07, 09:43 PM
Guten Abend, W-B,

One additional tip that I hope is not too controversial here: I would stick with WinXP and avoid Vista (I don't trust it now & probably never will).

Mach's gut!

Nothing controversial with that...Vista is quickly becomign the next Windows Millenium Edition.

Fenris_Wolf
11-28-07, 02:07 AM
Maximum fun huh?

Well like others have pointed out

Don't buy a computer. Order the parts and build it yourself.

I second that, and I have some of my own tips to get the most out of this game.

(1)A Large screen monitor: Bigger is always better, just ask the more experienced people who have moved to bigger screens. It's a one way ticket. I recommend anything that supports 1600x1200 or more, is LCD, and over 22" (larger is better!).

(2)Surround Sound: Immersion! I recommend 5.1 surround speakers.

(3)A comfortable chair :88)

The rest is solely upto you. Graphics card, proc, memory, sound card, you'll have endless options. Most fancy comp hardware today are overkill for SH3. However, if you want to buy a new and powerful graphics card that's good for other games too then go for a 8800 or any good directx 10 capable graphics card. If not, then a 6600 GT should be adequate for anything SH3 can throw at it.

Venatore
11-28-07, 02:20 AM
My dream gaming PC. Site has links to other countries.

http://www.alienware.com/

BulSoldier
11-28-07, 02:54 AM
I ordered the parts and gave them to be asembled since i probably would destroy them in the process :)

danlisa
11-28-07, 03:42 AM
Having played stock SH3 for over a year I'm new to the GWX community (and seriously looking forward to GWX 2.0!)
I'm looking for a new PC and want to get the most out of SH3 - what specs do I need to get the most out of GWX and the other mods?
Ok, first & foremost! DO NOT buy a PC just to play SH3/GWX at full settings. SH3 is nearly 3 years old. Get a PC that can play SH4 at full settings.;) Do not lumber yourself with a rig that is outdated/limited before you unpack it from the box.

In answer to your question, this is my current setup and I can play GWX at full settings i.e Max AA & AF and maintain 100+ fps at sea, 30 fps in port & 60+ fps around convoys. As you can see, my rig is quite old (by todays standards).

Pentium 4 3.2 GHz
ASUS P4P 800-E Deluxe Mobo
4 GB Corsair 400MHz DDR 3200 (matched) Dual Channel RAM (don't need this much 2GB will do)
ATI x800 Pro
Windows XP Pro SP2
600w Artic Cooled PSU

Stierlitz
11-28-07, 03:52 AM
Hi Wreford-Brown!

These days you can assemble a really decent rig without spending truckloads of cash on it.

Mine's got a really good price/performance ratio:

Pentium Dual Core E2140 1.6 Ghz running at 2.92 Ghz
Abit IP-35E
Palit Geforce 8600GT Sonic+
Geil 2 Gb DDR2 Dual Channel
Sounblaster Audigy 2 ZS

Hope this will inspire you. :arrgh!:

sasquatch
11-28-07, 08:57 AM
Guten Abend, W-B,

Mach's gut!

I absolutely agree. Windows Vista has way too many flaws and creates a lot of problems for gamers. It was a good concept with terrible execution:damn: Stick with Windows XP Service pack 2 or 3.

Stierlitz
11-28-07, 09:23 AM
Let me take you back to 2002:

Guten Abend, W-B,

One additional tip that I hope is not too controversial here: I would stick with Windows 2000 and avoid XP (I don't trust it now & probably never will).

Mach's gut!

Notice the similarities? :88)

bgeorgalas
11-28-07, 12:14 PM
ooookz

My two cents on this:

I am playing on an Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A1667G laptop
Specs:
Amd 64 4000+, 2,6 ghz
2 gb pc2700 ddr1 Ram
Ati X700 128mb dedicated
Hitachi 2,5" ATA 7.200 rpm
windows xp SP2

I do not use high video settings since i do not want to overstress the lap, but with the graphic settings set to medium-low I am able to run the game quite satisfactory..
While navigating at 1024x i get smth about 80-90fps (when viewing the map)
when on surface (TC 1-4x) with good weather i get near 25-40 fps and when bad weather is there (fog, rain waves) fps drops at 15-30.
Loading times of a new mission/saved one is about 25-35sec....
I do not believe that low fps at high TC would be a problem since i find it useless beeing on the bridge and having TC more than 4x (after alla you 're preparing an attack remember?) when navigating the map window is more than sufficient (at least for me)

In conclusion:
Since i am able to play on a 2 year old laptop without problems you shouldn't have any problems at all running the game in a medium cost desktop pc on sales today....

nikbear
11-28-07, 03:57 PM
Would anyone like to recommend a good AGP graphics card,its going to be seconhand cause I'm going to upgrade to PCI-E in the distant future but it needs to be 512k,so far looked at a ATI Radeon 1950,NVIDIA GEforce 7600GT,Gainward 7800GSplus,7900GSplus SE.any ideas or recommendations or opinions greatly appreciated:hmm: :up: thank you.

darius359au
11-28-07, 04:43 PM
Ive got an Nvidia 7600GT and It's a brilliant card - I can run SH4 with everything except full glare and the post prodution filters ,(I just dont like the look more than I can't run them),at 1280x1024 with a solid 30fps with my rig :up:
From what I read when I was researching for a new card the 7600GT is one of the best AGP card out , though you will need to buy a new PSU as well as it needs more power than the AGP port can supply.

stabiz
11-28-07, 04:56 PM
I have a Core 2 Duo, 2Gb ram and a 8800GTS, and SH3 plays at 200+ fps with forced AA and AF. Dual core DOES benefit the game, since the other core will handle Windows-crap.

flag4
11-28-07, 05:32 PM
"Ok, first & foremost! DO NOT buy a PC just to play SH3/GWX at full settings. SH3 is nearly 3 years old. Get a PC that can play SH4 at full settings.;) Do not lumber yourself with a rig that is outdated/limited before you unpack it from the box."

i go with Danlisa; this will clear the way for you to play both - if you can afford it,

and delight in Silent Hunter's 3 + 4 entirity.....

GO FOR IT !!

(and abandon your life...sshhh; keep this bit to your self)

just before i snuggle down with teddy, go to www.systemrequirementslab.com (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com)

open scroll down box and click on silent hunter4. (you will have to allow it into your computer - takes a minute or so.) i did it too for sh4. gives you a reasonable analysis for what you've got and what you need.

ChrisG2100
11-28-07, 05:51 PM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.4GHz Socket AM2 65W Process (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16819103749)

1GB RAM

ATI Radion x1300 256 MB

Runs with GWX 1.03

In stormy weather the frame skipps once and a while.

Also when the rain stops on screen the rain sound keeps going.

Stierlitz
11-28-07, 06:52 PM
Would anyone like to recommend a good AGP graphics card,its going to be seconhand cause I'm going to upgrade to PCI-E in the distant future but it needs to be 512k,so far looked at a ATI Radeon 1950,NVIDIA GEforce 7600GT,Gainward 7800GSplus,7900GSplus SE.any ideas or recommendations or opinions greatly appreciated:hmm: :up: thank you.

The 1950 Pro is probably the best card you can get for an AGP system. :up:

nikbear
11-28-07, 08:00 PM
Stierlitz,I'm leaning that way,are you running one and if so what drivers:hmm: any more ideas anyone:up:

The Butcher
11-28-07, 10:13 PM
When I run a free memory meter while playing stock SH3 it uses almost 1.5G. Running 2Gb of RAM should help with the stuttering. On my old computer eventhough I had to lower the clock on the memory when I added the 2nd Gig to stabilize the system, it ran smoother.

Stierlitz
11-29-07, 03:30 AM
Stierlitz,I'm leaning that way,are you running one and if so what drivers:hmm: any more ideas anyone:up:

Not exactly. I had a 1950GT for my old AGP system and the card was very good (it's the 1950 Pro's dumbed down cousin).

I was running the 7.4 catalysts but this was a couple of months ago. AFAIK there are already the 7.11 out, so you might want to check them out.
I'm not a fan of ATI cards at all but I needed to beef up my old system and the 1950 series was the best choice.

Right now I'm back to Nvidia since those ATI drivers are just too much of a hassle for me.

If you're looking for a budget AGP solution, I'd go with the Geforce 6600GT. You can get this one off ebay.
For the best performance, you should get the 1950 Pro. If you want a NEW card with warranty on it, but don't want to spend truckloads of cash, get the Geforce 7600GT.

Fenris_Wolf
11-29-07, 05:11 AM
You need a AGP card just for running SH3? Keep in mind that SH3 does not take advantage of the newer sets of pixel shading techniques that GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs provide. Therefore a Radeon 9800 Pro will be more than adequate for the game, it even provides support for the next generation pixel shaders that it's competitors, the GeForce 5 series GPUs do not (and it used to be the best card of it's time).

However, this choice also depends on the video resolution you want the game to run in. If you want to go up a notch over that, get a 6800 AGP card with 256mb RAM preferably to handle higher video resolutions and AA more effectively. I own one of these and it's really a beast because it used to run the heaviest games like GRAW and Blood Money very decently even though it's a 6 series card. Anything more than that for just SH3+GWX would be a waste of resources to be honest. The x1950 pro is a 7900 GT or even 7950 ultra caliber graphics card and if you do want to buy something that powerful, don't waste your money on a DirectX 9.0 GPU, get a DirectX 10 capable GPU and save another upgrade in the near future.

Stierlitz
11-29-07, 05:37 AM
You need a AGP card just for running SH3? Keep in mind that SH3 does not take advantage of the newer sets of pixel shading techniques that GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs provide. Therefore a Radeon 9800 Pro will be more than adequate for the game, it even provides support for the next generation pixel shaders that it's competitors, the GeForce 5 series GPUs do not (and it used to be the best card of it's time).

If I had to choose, I would go with the 6600GT all the way. Even though SH3 doesn't use PS 3.0, you still have the possibility to run other new games (although not the latest ones).

However, this choice also depends on the video resolution you want the game to run in. If you want to go up a notch over that, get a 6800 AGP card with 256mb RAM preferably to handle higher video resolutions and AA more effectively. I own one of these and it's really a beast because it used to run the heaviest games like GRAW and Blood Money very decently even though it's a 6 series card. Anything more than that for just SH3+GWX would be a waste of resources to be honest. The x1950 pro is a 7900 GT or even 7950 ultra caliber graphics card and if you do want to buy something that powerful, don't waste your money on a DirectX 9.0 GPU, get a DirectX 10 capable GPU and save another upgrade in the near future.
The 6800 is in fact a beast performance-wise, but it also is a beast when it comes to power consumption. Getting one of those means also swapping your PSU for a more powerful one.

As for getting a decent video card in order to only play SH3, yeah, that's not a wise choice. The 1950 Pro would surely be running at 30% of it's potential.

I think that the 6600GT is the best choice when it comes to playing older games. Oh, you may also want to check out the 7300GT (with DDR3 mems), which also offers a good bang for the buck.

Paco
11-29-07, 05:49 AM
Hi,

here's my 4 years old one. Last updated with new grafix and memory:

P4 3.02 GHz Hyperthreading
2 GB Dualchannel DDR1 400
ATI Radeon X850XT 256 MB AGP

I'm playing SH-3 GWX on 1280x1024. Only in harbour, it slows a little bit down.

Paco

codmander
11-29-07, 05:49 AM
rectangular box
green buttton
10 finger keyboard
some sort of rodent
beats me but sh3 works great............:lol:

antikristuseke
11-29-07, 09:54 AM
My specs are in the sig, runs SH3 +GWX very well

Cohaagen
11-29-07, 10:36 AM
The cheapest and simplest way to improve the performance of SH3 (and consequently FPS) is to disable the high-end pixel shaders that it doesn't use. I did this with DXtweaker and got an average 10-15fps jump (this will vary with each individual system). I also reduced my video card latency to 32 which got rid of any stuttering. Additionally, running the game through Powerstrip will give you the option to "compact memory before launch", which'll improve loading times as XP is pretty tardy when it comes to cleaning old apps and .DLLs from RAM. All this, along with a bit of overclocking and some tweaked drivers, turned SH3 (esp. GWX) from a total bog-monster to a playable experience with no hanging, stuttering, etc etc.

Addendum - if the idea of building your own system is slightly intimidating, you can buy a "barebones" set-up that includes case, motherboard, RAM and processor. You just need a PSU, video card, HD and peripherals then (you can use the monitor, keyboard,etc. from your old PC).

danlisa
11-29-07, 10:50 AM
The cheapest and simplest way to improve the performance of SH3 (and consequently FPS) is to disable the high-end pixel shaders that it doesn't use. I did this with DXtweaker and got an average 10-15fps jump (this will vary with each individual system).

Can I get a little more information on this? Please.

The rest I know but I did not know about this program or the shader removal. That is a great & new piece of info for SH3.:yep:

(maybe send me the SH3 config from DXtweaker, if thats easier)

Dimitrius07
11-29-07, 11:08 AM
P4P 800 deluxe - mother board
2.4 MHZ single core proccesor
2 giga of ram
7600 gs 256 DDR - video card
------------------------------

SH3 with GWX1.3 (16 km visibility mod on) run fine

With SH4 the performance is a little bit problematic but its far from being a slide show :D

The Munster
11-29-07, 11:15 AM
The cheapest and simplest way to improve the performance of SH3 (and consequently FPS) is to disable the high-end pixel shaders that it doesn't use. I did this with DXtweaker and got an average 10-15fps jump (this will vary with each individual system). I also reduced my video card latency to 32 which got rid of any stuttering. Additionally, running the game through Powerstrip will give you the option to "compact memory before launch", which'll improve loading times as XP is pretty tardy when it comes to cleaning old apps and .DLLs from RAM. All this, along with a bit of overclocking and some tweaked drivers, turned SH3 (esp. GWX) from a total bog-monster to a playable experience with no hanging, stuttering, etc etc.

Addendum - if the idea of building your own system is slightly intimidating, you can buy a "barebones" set-up that includes case, motherboard, RAM and processor. You just need a PSU, video card, HD and peripherals then (you can use the monitor, keyboard,etc. from your old PC).

:roll: Er yeah.

BTW, Is the 'Rest' open yet ?

nikbear
11-29-07, 03:56 PM
Does anybody have any good online stores that are in the uk or will post to it that they can recommend for some of these suggested cards,I'm looking at Ebay of course but any other ideas would be great:up: thank you all for your help cause I no nought when it comes to what cards are good and whats not.;)

danlisa
11-29-07, 03:59 PM
Probably the best!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/

I tend to find eBay a little over priced.

Stierlitz
11-29-07, 04:38 PM
Does anybody have any good online stores that are in the uk or will post to it that they can recommend for some of these suggested cards,I'm looking at Ebay of course but any other ideas would be great:up: thank you all for your help cause I no nought when it comes to what cards are good and whats not.;)

Definitely this one:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-088-LT&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=411

:up:

or if you want the top dog, get this one:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-071-HT&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=403

BTW, what's your PSU's wattage?

nikbear
11-29-07, 05:19 PM
Bought a new 500w PSU just for this upgrade:up:

Cohaagen
11-29-07, 06:04 PM
The cheapest and simplest way to improve the performance of SH3 (and consequently FPS) is to disable the high-end pixel shaders that it doesn't use. I did this with DXtweaker and got an average 10-15fps jump (this will vary with each individual system).
Can I get a little more information on this? Please.

The rest I know but I did not know about this program or the shader removal. That is a great & new piece of info for SH3.:yep:

(maybe send me the SH3 config from DXtweaker, if thats easier)
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/DirectX-Tweaker.shtml

Then put in the command line executable for SH3 (Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\sh3.exe), and select "Force Shader PP" from the modules dialogue box. It'll also work for running SH3 thru SH3Commander, just substitute Commander for sh3.exe. You can also mess around with shaders from RivaTuner but it's a bit of a hassle. This works really well for Half Life 2 as well. Let me know how you get on!

nikbear
11-29-07, 06:58 PM

Definitely this one:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-088-LT&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=411

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-071-HT&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=403

Thanks Stierlitz,its the 7600GT for me,just ordered one.Thanks for the help and advice to you and everyone:up:

Tool
11-29-07, 09:07 PM
Just my nickels worth, I have a E6400 dualcore, with 2 gigs and a 7600GT OC, and it still loads slow for me, otherwise it is SMOOTH while running, even in bad weather.

Hope that helps.

Tool.

sasquatch
11-29-07, 09:16 PM
Definitely this one:

Thanks Stierlitz,its the 7600GT for me,just ordered one.Thanks for the help and advice to you and everyone:up:

You'll love the 7600GT, its been great for me. Make sure that you keep your pc cool and well circulated though. An intake and outtake fan will keep your pc from overheating, the primary problem with fast video cards like the 7600 GT. Oh, and make sure you download the latest drivers.

Stierlitz
11-30-07, 02:07 AM

Glad to help. :up:

You'll surely be happy with that one. I had a 6600GT by Leadtek and it was one of the best cards I've ever had.

Oh, just remember that you must plug in a molex into the card in order to have it working properly. Otherwise you'll get a warning at the windows startup.

Just my nickels worth, I have a E6400 dualcore, with 2 gigs and a 7600GT OC, and it still loads slow for me, otherwise it is SMOOTH while running, even in bad weather.

Hope that helps.

Tool.

I have a E2140 Pentium Dual Core running at 2.92 Ghz and it needs a lot of time to load GWX too. After that it runs smooth as silk.
Seems like GWX is quite a resource hog.

danlisa
11-30-07, 03:05 AM
Seems like GWX is quite a resource hog.
It's not that GWX is a system hog, it's the way the SH3 Engine loads things into it's memory. For example, the Campaign layers are fully loaded at the game start. That's a lot of information to start with.

GWX actually managed to reduce the system load, compared to stock SH3, however GWX has now effectively doubled (if not more) the content which SH3 needs to load. If GWX hadn't taken the route it did, in terms of file reorganisation & structure, I doubt SH3 would load at all. There are hard limits to the amount of content the SH3 engine can handle. We are pretty close to that limit in GWX 2.0.

For a comparison, compare the Campaign, Air & Sea folders of GWX & SH3.;) You might be a little surprised.

Wreford-Brown
12-12-07, 01:51 PM
ooookz

My two cents on this:

I am playing on an Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A1667G laptop
Specs:
Amd 64 4000+, 2,6 ghz
2 gb pc2700 ddr1 Ram
Ati X700 128mb dedicated
Hitachi 2,5" ATA 7.200 rpm
windows xp SP2

I do not use high video settings since i do not want to overstress the lap, but with the graphic settings set to medium-low I am able to run the game quite satisfactory..
While navigating at 1024x i get smth about 80-90fps (when viewing the map)
when on surface (TC 1-4x) with good weather i get near 25-40 fps and when bad weather is there (fog, rain waves) fps drops at 15-30.
Loading times of a new mission/saved one is about 25-35sec....
I do not believe that low fps at high TC would be a problem since i find it useless beeing on the bridge and having TC more than 4x (after alla you 're preparing an attack remember?) when navigating the map window is more than sufficient (at least for me)

In conclusion:
Since i am able to play on a 2 year old laptop without problems you shouldn't have any problems at all running the game in a medium cost desktop pc on sales today....
How do you find SH3 without a numpad, or does your laptop have one?

Wilcke
12-12-07, 03:02 PM
Currently runs silky smooth in its native resolution with all bells and whistles on.

AMD 64 X2 4800
4 gigs of ram Corsair (forgot the speed) matched to the MOBO and CPU
ASUS Nforce 4 chipset
BFG 7950 GT OC video card AA and AF maxed out.

Oh and this also runs SH4 with ROW at 1280 by 960 100mhz refresh rate sliders all to the right same AA and AF, runs smooth.

Fenris_Wolf
12-13-07, 03:05 AM
it needs a lot of time to load GWX

Some other games also take a lot of time to load. It has little to do with PC components except the hard disk. Solution? Get two identical new hard disks and configure them into RAID mode (read up on "RAID" mode hard disk setup first). That should lower load times significantly, and this is the next upgrade I'll be getting.

Kristian2
12-13-07, 04:57 AM
Everyone has his own choice of hardware, but how does one determine the 'best' combination of processor and gpu/graphics card (or a tandem of the latter)?

Schwuppes
12-13-07, 07:27 AM
I increased the length of my e-penis in September.

Currently I'm sitting on a Core 2 Duo E6750 (2.66Ghz), coupled with a Gigabyte P35C DS3R, 3 gigs of DDR2 800 RAM and a 512 meg ATi HD2900XT all @ Windows XP 32 bit of course. :)
I run SH3 with 16x AF and 24x (!!) FSAA smooth as silk. :)

Wild_skipper
12-13-07, 08:22 AM
These are my specs :
Intel® Core™2 Quad Q6600
Vegas II (MCP55 - NVIDIA nForce® 650i SLI )
2048 MB DDR2 RAM
2 x NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 8600 GTS (SLI)

:rock: :rock:

bunkerratt
12-13-07, 10:24 AM
intel p-4 775 3.4ht em64t oc'd thermaltake big typhoon cpu cooler
asus p5wdh deluxe
twin 100 gb hdd's raid 0 sata 2 hdd coolers
ati x1950pro 256pcie x2 crossfired
creative x-fi extreame music soundcard
enermax 600 watt psu
dvd rom
dvd r=rw dl
floppy
11 in 1 card reader
2 gb pc2 6400 oc'd ocz crossfire memory
1 120 mm front intake fan
1 120mm rear exhaust
1 90 mm top exhaust
logitec 5.1 surround speakers
saitek eclipse keyboard
logitec tracman rollerball mouse cordless
xp pro sp2
20inch viewsonic vx2035wm
thermaltake armour steel case

Sigurd
12-13-07, 11:08 AM
The specs for my relic:
Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz
Radeon 9000 128 mb
1024 mb DDR ram
Onboard sound.

Needless to say, GWX takes about 5 minutes or longer to load, and everything slows down on occasion, but it still works until I have the ability to upgrade :up:

Cohaagen
12-14-07, 12:27 AM
I have a Cray.

Cohaagen
12-14-07, 12:29 AM
thermaltake armour steel case

Quite handy if you're in a gunfight and need to take cover behind your PC like Laurence Fishburne holding the boombox in front of his face in Death Wish 2.