PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Had This Before??

Nerazzurri
11-26-07, 05:54 PM
Torpedoed a small merchant (enemy this time, not a neutral!! LOL), followed it for four and a half hours to make sure it went down, the crew cheered, theres a red sunk ship on the nav map, BUT - no "she's going down" message and it's not showing in the log as sunk?!?!?!?

Anybody came across this before? :damn:

Hakahura
11-26-07, 05:59 PM
Unfortuantly yes.

Sometimes even when you hang around to see a ship sink the game refuse's to credit you.
Was there bad weather by any chance?
I think sometimes the game decides the boat was sunk by the waves and not your torpedos.

Hakahura
11-26-07, 06:07 PM
Unfortuantly yes.

Sometimes even when you hang around to see a ship sink the game refuse's to credit you.
I think sometimes the game decides the boat was sunk by the waves and not your torpedos.

Nerazzurri
11-26-07, 06:09 PM
Unfortuantly yes.

Yes, HELLISH weather - so is that something I should get used too? A small glitch?

I tailed it until it was dead in the water, and waited for the confirmation message. Next thing it starts making between 1 and 3 knots, sometimes going back to 0. I assumed it was the AI simulating repair work, the same as we do with our uboats. So if I see that again I think I might as well spend another fish in her?

STEED
11-26-07, 06:19 PM
Here you go, 5000 renown points on me. ;)

Nerazzurri
11-26-07, 06:22 PM
Here you go, 5000 renown points on me. ;)

Thank you. That'll come in handy seeing as beforehand I sunk 2 NEUTRAL 5000 tonners! :damn:

Hakahura
11-26-07, 06:28 PM
Yes, HELLISH weather - so is that something I should get used too? A small glitch?

I tailed it until it was dead in the water, and waited for the confirmation message. Next thing it starts making between 1 and 3 knots, sometimes going back to 0. I assumed it was the AI simulating repair work, the same as we do with our uboats. So if I see that again I think I might as well spend another fish in her?

Standard SH3 feature :down:
I don't think anyone has modded a way round it.

BTW... How did I double post? Sorry, probably my fault.

waste gate
11-26-07, 07:16 PM
Don't follow any ship for four hours. If it doesn't go down in a hour.............

bigboywooly
11-26-07, 11:55 PM
If the weather tis bad give it another torp rather than risk losing it
Hate to think how much renown my weather has :damn:

Jonathan
11-27-07, 12:15 AM
Since we are handing out renown, can I get like 500,000,000...I really want that nuclear warhead....

And it sucks that this happens. I had this same kind of thing happen on the Revenge Battleship that was in port at Scapa Flow...I put three eels into it and it just sat there, listing 45 degress to port....and it never sunk.

nikbear
11-27-07, 02:07 AM
Happened to me just of the tip of scotland,keelbusted a modern medium tanker,very pleased with myself,got the crew cheer and to words'she's going down' but when I looked on the map there was no sunk icon and nothing in the captains log either:nope: good weather as well and I watched the ship fold like a cheap pen knife all for nothing:damn: First and last time I hope this happens;)

Nerazzurri
11-27-07, 04:31 AM
Don't follow any ship for four hours. If it doesn't go down in a hour.............

Received loud and clear :up:

Nerazzurri
11-27-07, 04:33 AM
If the weather tis bad give it another torp rather than risk losing it
Hate to think how much renown my weather has :damn:

LOL Well the weather's getting no more renown off me! I'm giving it an hour in future then sinking the blighter! :arrgh!:

Jonathan
11-27-07, 12:03 PM
When this happened to me, the ship seemed to keep moving...I sped up time compression and it seemed to be dead in the water travelling at 1/2KM...does this mean that the ship was in fact not dead?

Also, someone told me that if the ship is in very shallow water that it physically will not sink, and that you will not get credit, even if you have put the ship on the "bottom". Do you guys believe this to be true?

Big Paul
11-27-07, 04:27 PM
If it's only sitting on the bottom, it can be pumped out and be returned to service!:nope:

Nerazzurri
11-27-07, 04:43 PM
When this happened to me, the ship seemed to keep moving...I sped up time compression and it seemed to be dead in the water travelling at 1/2KM...does this mean that the ship was in fact not dead?

Also, someone told me that if the ship is in very shallow water that it physically will not sink, and that you will not get credit, even if you have put the ship on the "bottom". Do you guys believe this to be true?

You won't need to worry about sinking ships in shallow water, will you? Haven't you heeded the warnings of raiding harbours???? LOL

I raided Scapa, L. Ewe and Hartlepool during my first days with the game in a type IIA. I've decided it's really not worth the bother, to get in and be rewarded with a couple of medium cargo ships.

I just thought I'd get trying it out of my system in my early days! LOL

And as for using the external cam to see what's in the harbour in advance is just WRONG :down: LOL

BulSoldier
11-27-07, 04:46 PM
If we, the Kaleuns, had the luck of having XXI 2-3 years earlier when could put six Aals in the bord of the ship and blow half of it to the other side of the harbor,let them aseble it again :arrgh!:

The Munster
11-27-07, 04:51 PM
SH3 Stock Bug is the cause.

@ Nerazzurri .. wouldn't bother raiding Hartlepool if I was you; all you're doing is 'monkeying about'

BTW ..are you an Italian Glaswegian ? :hmm:

Nerazzurri
11-27-07, 07:08 PM
SH3 Stock Bug is the cause.

@ Nerazzurri .. wouldn't bother raiding Hartlepool if I was you; all you're doing is 'monkeying about'

BTW ..are you an Italian Glaswegian ? :hmm:

No, no more harbours for me. Learned my lesson. That was the point of doing it - so I wouldn't attempt it once I started the game in earnest.

I'm part Italian LOL - my big toe is about it. The tag is because I have always been, and always will be an Internazionale fan (or an Interisti) :rock: Toured the Stadio Meazza (that's the San Siro to the British LOL) and museum in March. Best 8 Euro I've ever spent, recommend it to anyone. You get to visit the dressing rooms; I sat in Mancinis chair - checking it for size because he is overdue the sack! LOL

Anyway, that's enough off topic before I get collared from the Mods. Arrivederci.

Jonathan
11-27-07, 07:21 PM

You won't need to worry about sinking ships in shallow water, will you? Haven't you heeded the warnings of raiding harbours???? LOL

I raided Scapa, L. Ewe and Hartlepool during my first days with the game in a type IIA. I've decided it's really not worth the bother, to get in and be rewarded with a couple of medium cargo ships.

I just thought I'd get trying it out of my system in my early days! LOL

And as for using the external cam to see what's in the harbour in advance is just WRONG :down: LOL
I guess like a drug habit, it is so wrong, but FEELS so good....I need to break that habit bad....really bad. Is there a hotline that I can call?

Also, I would like to note that I harbour raid for a reason. I found a BIG transport in an African harbor...something like 13t...now given, I had to go all the way to Capetown, Africa, but when I was in Scapa Flow the first time, I encountered the Revegne Battleship :huh: I put three eels into it, but it is the one that I was referring to that did not sink...:damn:

Otto Von Strunf
11-27-07, 07:23 PM
if you "killed" engine room only, it is posible (real atack) for ship to stay on surface (she is not going to sunk, she is too strong ewen if her spine is broken. lets giwe her a final shot (something like that on das boot)) , kill her with deck gun or send her a fish:arrgh!:

Jonathan
11-27-07, 07:27 PM
if you "killed" engine room only, it is posible (real atack) for ship to stay on surface (she is not going to sunk, she is too strong ewen if her spine is broken. lets giwe her a final shot (something like that on das boot)) , kill her with deck gun or send her a fish:arrgh!:

I wish that I could have..it was the Revenge after all, but I was a) all out of eels, and b), my Type IIA had NO guns....:shifty:

Nerazzurri
11-27-07, 07:31 PM
Just performed my first ramming! Well if you could call it that :oops:

About 10 days out of Wili and I think the lowest wind was about 12m/s :damn: Anyway I accounted for about 35,000t (not counting the one that got away!)when I torpedoed a small freighter. It went dead in the water but I didn't think it was going down. what with the waves and what happened to me earlier..........

Approached it at 2kn (well! don't want to go mad do I??) and with the waves I was pretty worried about landing on top of her decks! Anyway I 'nudged' her where the torpedo damage was and right away I got the 'she's going down'. I was well surprised!

First time I tried it and was very cautious LOL.

I'd love to know how many of you try ramming, and with how much success.

Otto Von Strunf
11-27-07, 07:44 PM

I wish that I could have..it was the Revenge after all, but I was a) all out of eels, and b), my Type IIA had NO guns....:shifty: sorry 4 u but i spend many fisf to damage and some to sink,real life is b....h. play or die with reich, i will still try 2 change history:up: (btw see my post shadow)