PDA

View Full Version : Feeling the Fury of the Storm!

Mikey_Wolf
11-26-07, 03:47 AM
God alive, if there is one feature of SH3 that I hate, and I mean hate as in I want to throw bricks at it - its the weather!

I have had the most dreadful storm you can believe! We are talking a week of heavy fog, torrencial rain, and a 7m/s wind. How the heck are you meant to operate in that!?

I tried riding it out underwater, also since I was getting pounced by planes a lot I thought, under is better. So after 5 days, the weather changes, this time, its heavy fog, torrencial rain, and 15m/s wind! lol

That, thankfully, lasted two days, I am now on a weather setting of:
fog, medium, clouds overcast, wind 15 m/s.

At least I can see things on the surface now. The most annoying thing is that when you pick up contacts at night just beofre you surface you cannot actually find them sometimes. :down:

deepboat
11-26-07, 04:56 AM
I found this convoy once by sound off the coast of Spain in the AK grid. The weather was brutal but I spied a couple of liners, old stlye 3 to 4 funnels. As I got to near torp range their speed dropped to 0kts. I watched sadly as they both succumbed to the weather!

Brag
11-26-07, 08:03 AM
Seems like in early war the weather is better. I just made a passage from Wilhelmsfaven to the south east of Ireland (October 39) in a flat and sunny calm.

My only bitch about the weather is that the weather patterns are the same regardless of geographic position.:yep:

SmokinTep
11-26-07, 08:14 AM
Who cares about weather when you are below the surface...........:p