PDA

View Full Version : November is almost over and...

Ducimus
11-24-07, 12:46 PM
The TM patch has yet to surface.

I'm starting to wonder if it really is just an urban legend. :rotfl:

Salty Longshanks
11-24-07, 12:57 PM
The patch has yet to surface.

Get back to that pot Duc.....I think it needs more stirring up! :rotfl:

Me....I'm still waiting with baited breath. :yep:

simonb1612
11-24-07, 01:23 PM
Just when all of the hullaballo had died down, someone had to come along and kick the hornets nest. :rotfl:

I must agree with the sentiment however, I was really excited for getting the v1.4 patch to keep me amused during the thanksgiving break but it was not to be:damn:

I think we should start a friendly pool on the release date, bragging rights to the person who guesses correctly. I think December 4th. Any takers?

AVGWarhawk
11-24-07, 01:24 PM
Soon!

mcarlsonus
11-24-07, 01:36 PM
...I'm SO hoping they don't decide to drop it in favor of the add-on campaign and/or make it available only if ones buys the Kriegsmarine concurrently!

And all my mods provided gratis by the good folks here! Where will they go? What will they do? Will I be forced to sail in the Pacific and not the ROW ocean? Will my beloved, beautiful Balao revert to an ugly duckling when it can no longer return on a regular basis to Mr. Foo's paint shop? Will my people be forced to return to the standard-issue slops of yore? Will my torpedos sing a different song?

These questions, and more, can only be answered with the release of 1.4! If I'm to be heartbroken, let's get it over with - ASAP!

mcarlsonus
11-24-07, 01:40 PM
...December 7th - Pearl Harbor day would be inappropriate (to me, anyway), so I'm going with December 12 (Wednesday).

ReallyDedPoet
11-24-07, 01:40 PM
...I'm SO hoping they don't decide to drop it in favor of the add-on campaign and/or make it available only if ones buys the Kriegsmarine concurrently!

Not gonna happen.

RDP

STEED
11-24-07, 02:16 PM
Soon!

The £10 is in the post now tell me the date. ;)

DaveP63
11-24-07, 02:18 PM
2 Weeks...be sure...:rotfl:

momo55
11-24-07, 03:06 PM
It must be 5 or 6 December ...i see it's known in Romania too :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

Rockin Robbins
11-24-07, 03:27 PM
Doesn't matter if I don't survive these three DD's above me with altogether too much skill and depth charges.:roll: So much for RSRD being harmless.

Elder-Pirate
11-24-07, 11:33 PM
You may have to wait for this guy? :lol:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/Santa.jpg

THE_MASK
11-25-07, 03:50 AM
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev'rywhere you go;
Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Toys in ev'ry store
But the prettiest sight to see is the patch 1.4 that will be
On your own front door.

Stealth Hunter
11-25-07, 04:24 AM
Soon!

I HEAR S*** LIKE THAT EVERYDAY.

"IT WILL BE RELEASED SOON!"

GODDAMMIT, I'M GETTING TIRED OF IT! WE WERE TOLD THAT ABOUT FORGOTTEN HOPE 2. IT'S NOT HERE, AND THAT WAS 7 MONTHS AGO. IF I HEAR IT ONE MORE TIME, I SWEAR TO GOD THAT I'LL FIND THE POSTER WHO SAID IT, AND I'LL RIP THEIR VOCAL CORDS OUT. IF IT COMES FROM A MOD OWNER/MANAGER, I'LL PULL OUT THEIR TEETH.

YOU'RE GETTING ON MY NERVES.

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:: stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

stabiz
11-25-07, 05:56 AM
Say what?

Laffertytig
11-25-07, 07:02 AM
jeez think we got a nutter in the house! sounds like he's on a weekend release ticket. anyone got any medication for that chap?

AVGWarhawk
11-25-07, 07:06 AM
Soon!

I HEAR S*** LIKE THAT EVERYDAY.

"IT WILL BE RELEASED SOON!"

GODDAMMIT, I'M GETTING TIRED OF IT! WE WERE TOLD THAT ABOUT FORGOTTEN HOPE 2. IT'S NOT HERE, AND THAT WAS 7 MONTHS AGO. IF I HEAR IT ONE MORE TIME, I SWEAR TO GOD THAT I'LL FIND THE POSTER WHO SAID IT, AND I'LL RIP THEIR VOCAL CORDS OUT. IF IT COMES FROM A MOD OWNER/MANAGER, I'LL PULL OUT THEIR TEETH.

YOU'RE GETTING ON MY NERVES.

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:: stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

Soon...

John Channing
11-25-07, 07:36 AM
Could you guys speak up a little? I can't make out what you are sayng...

JCC

PS Anybody but me get the irony about a guy complainin' that a patch for "Forgoten Hope" is long over due? There is just so much going on there I hardly know where to start.

AVGWarhawk
11-25-07, 07:38 AM
Could you guys speak up a little? I can't make out what you are sayng...

JCC

Sorry John....I said,

Soon!

I'm not sure what Stealth Hunter is trying to say. :hmm:

John Channing
11-25-07, 07:40 AM
Soup?

Soup?

Who ordered soup? I thought we were talking about the patch!

Kids today.. just can't stay on topic.

JCC

stabiz
11-25-07, 08:15 AM
So, what do you guys think of Crysis?

Rockin Robbins
11-25-07, 08:18 AM
Is nobody at all having fun? I'm out here having my behind clobbered by three great DD's twisting and turning. I've already written off the targets I hit with one torpedo and got pinned down for.

I'm having a great time out here! Patch? Who cares!!!! Well, I do. I want the devs to get the patch as perfect as they can and if they're until March doing it it doesn't bother me a bit. It's much more important to me that Kentucky Fried Meatball (don't you dare doubt his "habilities") is wearing a tutu on his 300 pound frame and looking pretty ridiculous. I enjoy that almost as much as I enjoy the game right now.

So take your time devs. SH4 is a great simulation/game just as it is. There's no real need for this patch: there is no emergency. You're in the bonus round! Make that patch the best work you are capable of producing and put it out when you're satisfied.:rock:

Those of us who really love the game are having fun!

Crysis: another stupid jump around like a Mexican jumping bean doing flips and kill everything in front of you game. I just received Unreal Tournament III as a gift. Same garbage. Multiplayer (here come the cheats!!!!), capture the flag (damn that's original!), last survivor wins (best cheater). Why waste all that ability just to copy the original Wolfenstein from 15 years ago, or Renegade? I'm tired of Crysis before it's released. Bet I've played every nuance of it before. I'm buying the lighted Saitek Eclipse II keyboard instead to preserve my night vision in SH4!

ReallyDedPoet
11-25-07, 09:20 AM

Had a hell of a patrol last night RR :yep::up: The patch will get here when it gets here.

As far as the post from SH, relax a little, take a break or go for a walk or something.

RDP

AVGWarhawk
11-25-07, 09:28 AM

I sure am. Using RFB/RSRD/ROW. Quite nice really. I gladly hurry up and wait for the patch.:D

digitizedsoul
11-25-07, 10:46 AM
I too patiently wait, good grief you guys that can't should join a gym or something, find a girlfriend or subscribe to some nudey magazine. I mean there really is more to life, plus the game kicks butt right now with RSRD / ROW etc!

As for crysis, its the first game to come along and actually take me away from subsimming (besides IL/2). Abesoltely amazing game and that is no understatement. If you haven't checked it out, and you have appropriate hardware I strongly reccomend it before "forming an opinion".

"SOON" is good enough for me! It's a helluva lot better then "NEVER"

Your cup is half what? Empty?
:p

-Pv-
11-25-07, 01:14 PM
Topics like this just end up being a face off between the patient and obnoxious camps. I've been using the time in port to play more of the canned missions.
-Pv-

Sailor Steve
11-25-07, 01:25 PM
The patch has yet to surface.

Some people have said the same thing about you.:rotfl:

And me.:oops:

mookiemookie
11-25-07, 01:34 PM
I'm not too concerned with the patch right now, as my old computer was stolen and I'm on a temporary machine that has no hope of running SH4. My new box comes around the 1st of December so I can wait. I don't have much choice. :-?

I bet it comes out this week though.

Snuffy
11-25-07, 01:40 PM
Being the super modder that Duci is I think I can understand his frustration at not getting the patch soon as every delay holds him up from fine tuning TM.

However like a lot of other folk here, I would just as soon the devs take their time and make it right.

Reaves
11-25-07, 09:21 PM
What's all this fuss? 1.4 has been out for ages now.

http://patches.ubi.com/silent_hunter_3/silent_hunter_3_dvd_1.4b_emea.exe

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

CDR Resser
11-25-07, 09:38 PM
Evil. Pure unadulterated evil.:)

Reaves
11-25-07, 09:44 PM
Evil. Pure unadulterated evil.:)

http://thefilter.blogs.com/thefilter/images/2007/05/13/stewie_evil.jpg

quitefrankly
11-26-07, 12:53 AM
Wow, I don't know how someone could say that about Crysis. I know FPS's aren't everyone's idea of fun, but that game is beautiful in so many ways, and it is a technical masterpiece. I also find it a lot of fun to play too.

I did think that UT3 was very poor though. I am quite upset about that, because it was something I was very much looking forward to this year.

As for this 1.4 patch, I am desperate for it. I uninstalled the game because I was bored by it. There are only so many times I can sail out into the ocean, destroy 5 billion tonnes worth of ships, and then repeat that process over and over and over and over. As I tried to explain in another thread, a better campaign would make a huge difference to how much I can enjoy this game. So I am hoping they understand that, and will finally give me what I want in the expansion.

In the meantime, I am waiting for this patch, because the few tweaks said to be included, will be enough to make it worth my while installing the game again and have another play of it. The increased view range is one of the things I am most interested in. The graphics where one of my favourite aspects, so being able to see further would make it much more realistic and enjoyable for me.

The patch can't come soon enough..

Peto
11-26-07, 01:18 AM
What Patch?

;)

Reece
11-26-07, 01:29 AM
I told my wife I won't cut my beard until the patch was released, I'm now playing Santa on Christmas.!:oops:

Capt. Shark Bait
11-26-07, 05:55 AM
Soup?

Soup?

JCC

no soup for you....next:D

maerean_m
11-26-07, 07:58 AM
SOON http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/1.gif

ReallyDedPoet
11-26-07, 08:02 AM
Soup?

Soup?

JCC
no soup for you....next:D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/74/Seinfeld_s7e6.jpg/200px-Seinfeld_s7e6.jpg

RDP

Ducimus
11-26-07, 12:02 PM
Here's what im wondering....

If "a couple" means two,

or "a handful" is around 5 or 6.

or, " a dozen" means twelve.

What does "soon" mean, since it's been the buzzword for the last 2 or 3 months? :rotfl:

Ah HAH! I know what soon means. I bet it means, "when it's done".

And you know what "when it's done" means?

I'll give ya a hint,

http://mtvgames.typepad.com/mtv_video_games_blog/images/dnf1.jpg

rrmelend
11-26-07, 01:53 PM
Thanks to all for the Soup Nazi reference. I hadn't thought about that for ages and when I read this I got onto Youtube and checked out some clips. I showed one to one of my classes because they had no idea what I was laughing about. As far as the patch goes the only reason I want it to come out is so that all the awesome modders out there will continue with their work and make this game trully great.

SteamWake
11-26-07, 04:01 PM
Soon!

You forgot the (tm)

AVGWarhawk
11-26-07, 04:05 PM
Soon!
You forgot the (tm)

Sorry, I have my lawyers looking into it. Currently I'm on the run from Stealth Hunter:o

STEED
11-26-07, 04:20 PM
What's with all this soon business?

All this means is any where from one day to one hundred years. :yep:

I will never believe it until I see it. :p

quitefrankly
11-26-07, 04:27 PM
They haven't actually missed their deadline yet I suppose?

Wilcke
11-26-07, 04:27 PM
Soon!

The £10 is in the post now tell me the date. ;)

50 Quid, call me at work.

2 Weeks?:damn:

AVGWarhawk
11-26-07, 04:35 PM

You're going to have to ask this guy......wait, he is on the run also:o

Ducimus
11-26-07, 04:45 PM
If "soon" means, "when its done"
And, DNF was also cited as "when its done" (aka soon), then i suppose 10 years from now we'll all still be asking about when the patch is going to be released, and the answer will be then, as it is now..... "soon".

Don't ya love fuzzy logic? :rotfl:

Elder-Pirate
11-26-07, 04:55 PM
@maerean_m,

You don't suppose these Gentlemen ( cough-cough ) are trying to agitate you and the other SH4 Devs do you? :hmm:

Naw, they wouldn't do something like that. :rolleyes: :D

STEED
11-26-07, 05:03 PM
50 Quid, call me at work.

I'm not a fecking mind reader. :p :rotfl:

longam
11-26-07, 06:36 PM
http://www.downbelow.net/sh4/soon.jpg

-Pv-
11-26-07, 07:19 PM
"...As for this 1.4 patch, I am desperate for it. I uninstalled the game because I was bored by it. There are only so many times I can sail out into the ocean, destroy 5 billion tonnes worth of ships, and then repeat that process over and over and over and over..."

You think the 1.4 patch is going to change the design of the game so much it's suddenly going to be exciting when the whole concept of the game is to: "sail out into the ocean, destroy 5 billion tonnes worth of ships, and then repeat that process over and over and over and over..."

You're dreaming. Obviousely you have a pet feature you hope will get added to the patch. If you are really counting on the 1.4 patch to change this aspect so much. Might as well sell it on ebay. There will be lots of takers. It will still take a very long time for modders to turn it into a totally different game than the one you bought. I'll also be surprised if it's the last patch if they release it by December.
-Pv-

Reaves
11-26-07, 08:05 PM
Here's what im wondering....

If "a couple" means two,

or "a handful" is around 5 or 6.

or, " a dozen" means twelve.

What does "soon" mean, since it's been the buzzword for the last 2 or 3 months? :rotfl:

Ah HAH! I know what soon means. I bet it means, "when it's done".

And you know what "when it's done" means?

I'll give ya a hint,

http://mtvgames.typepad.com/mtv_video_games_blog/images/dnf1.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

For the people who don't get it, that post is simply hilarious. :arrgh!:

Ducimus
11-26-07, 08:21 PM
My guess is, most people don't understand the Duke Nukem Forever refrence. It hinges around "when its done" , which is to say... never. They've been spouting "when its done" for AT LEAST a decade now. Its a game that (if it really exists), has had the longest development time of any game - ever. So the contination of "soon" has its simularities, in a comical sense. (after all, in a comic or something comical, one must exxagerate something to convey a joke)

Amazingly if you go over to 3drealms website, they still have a fan following clamoring for DNF. Personnaly i think this game probably WAS in development, but the plug was pulled years ago, and its transcended into an urban legend of gaming that 3drealms likes to perpetuate. (tinfoil hat theory). I'd be amazed if that game ever see's the shelves, and IF pigs ever fly and it does, theres no way in hell it would ever live up to the hype that its development time would inheirantly generate - it would be nothing short of another daikatana.

mookiemookie
11-26-07, 08:53 PM
Amazingly if you go over to 3drealms website, they still have a fan following clamoring for DNF. Personnaly i think this game probably WAS in development, but the plug was pulled years ago, and its transcended into an urban legend of gaming that 3drealms likes to perpetuate. (tinfoil hat theory). I'd be amazed if that game ever see's the shelves, and IF pigs ever fly and it does, theres no way in hell it would ever live up to the hype that its development time would inheirantly generate - it would be nothing short of another daikatana.

Does this mean I should cancel my preorder? :lol:

If it ever comes out, I'll buy it. Just so I can be the toast of the retirement home in about 40 years or so.

quitefrankly
11-26-07, 09:24 PM
"You think the 1.4 patch is going to change the design of the game so much it's suddenly going to be exciting when the whole concept of the game is to: "sail out into the ocean, destroy 5 billion tonnes worth of ships, and then repeat that process over and over and over and over..."

You're dreaming.Its not dreaming for the countless modders who make great campaigns for other games... Why should it be dreaming for this game? What are you suggesting? Surely not that the modders suck? Or that the campaigns are destined to suck forever? Or that the mod tools just aren't comprehensive enough? Eh? Eh!?

Might as well sell it on ebay. You don't have much hope for the expansion either? No chance of it offering us an exciting new campaign?

My guess is, most people don't understand the Duke Nukem Forever refrence. It hinges around "when its done" , which is to say... never. They've been spouting "when its done" for AT LEAST a decade now.How is that hard to understand exactly? :roll:

Reaves
11-26-07, 09:27 PM
My guess is, most people don't understand the Duke Nukem Forever refrence. It hinges around "when its done" , which is to say... never. They've been spouting "when its done" for AT LEAST a decade now.How is that hard to understand exactly? :roll:

Ummm, i'm thinking if someone hasn't heard of Duke3d or Duke Nukem Forever they would not understand it.

Ducimus
11-26-07, 09:34 PM
Ummm, i'm thinking if someone hasn't heard of Duke3d or Duke Nukem Forever they would not understand it.

Exactly. My guess is theres a wide range of age groups here. That and not everyone is into the same things, so how would they know?

Reaves
11-26-07, 09:41 PM
Exactly. My guess is theres a wide range of age groups here. That and not everyone is into the same things, so how would they know?

I doubt many people would have played the original platform Duke Nukems. In fact, i've been using PC's for years but there are many classic games i've neither heard of or played. I certainly never played the game that started "ALL YOUR BASES ARE BELONG TO US."

Reece
11-26-07, 09:53 PM
I doubt many people would have played the original platform Duke Nukems. I used to love linking with that game, and pressing one of the Function keys for insults, my favorite: "It hurts to be you!":lol: Those were the days, don't forget Wolfenstein 3D, "Halt Dog!!":yep:

quitefrankly
11-26-07, 10:26 PM
Ummm, i'm thinking if someone hasn't heard of Duke3d or Duke Nukem Forever they would not understand it.They might not get it if they don't know the game, but I'm sure they would understand it. Unless they are stupid.

And the fact is, everyone who has posted since the assumption that most people won't understand it, do understand it. Perhaps we are just an elite few who know things though.

Ducimus
11-26-07, 10:33 PM
There is a mod that allows you to play DN3d on a modern PC (WinXP), in high texture detail, and at higher resolutions then the orginal game.

John Channing
11-27-07, 06:34 AM
"You think the 1.4 patch is going to change the design of the game so much it's suddenly going to be exciting when the whole concept of the game is to: "sail out into the ocean, destroy 5 billion tonnes worth of ships, and then repeat that process over and over and over and over..."

You're dreaming.Its not dreaming for the countless modders who make great campaigns for other games... Why should it be dreaming for this game? What are you suggesting? Surely not that the modders suck? Or that the campaigns are destined to suck forever? Or that the mod tools just aren't comprehensive enough? Eh? Eh!?

It probably won't change very much because that is what Submarines did in WWII. Well... maybe not 5,000,000,000 tons.. but you get the idea.

JCC

TDK1044
11-27-07, 06:46 AM
Later is always better for a patch in my experience. :D

Capt. Shark Bait
11-27-07, 07:14 AM

You're going to have to ask this guy......wait, he is on the run also:o

:hmm: , prolly why he hides out here from time to time:huh:

quitefrankly
11-27-07, 09:30 AM
It probably won't change very much because that is what Submarines did in WWII. Well... maybe not 5,000,000,000 tons.. but you get the idea.

JCCTrue, but again, its not much different to what fighter planes did. "Scramble to intercept planes." "Scramble to intercept tank column". "Destroy this bridge" etc. But they make the missions and campaigns in flight sims much more interesting with nicer stories and they seem to do a better job at giving the missions a feeling of purposefullness etc. That's all I am really hoping for in this game, because I just can't stand the same "take a photo" or "disrupt shipping". They could atleast give it a real or even a made up mission scenario with some story behind it. There are other improvements they could make. I know the WW2 subs didn't have surface to air or surface to land missiles, but they had a huge deck cannon which could still take out targets on land on the coasts. Missions like that would be fun.

TDK1044
11-27-07, 09:35 AM

We can now add REALLY, REALLY to Mahai's post. :D

ReallyDedPoet
11-27-07, 09:38 AM

Nice :yep::up:

RDP

Mush Martin
11-27-07, 09:40 AM
A Jedi Craves not these things.......

ReallyDedPoet
11-27-07, 09:48 AM
Mush Martin[/b]]A Jedi Craves not these things.......
He returns, nice to see you back Master Jedi :o:up:

RDP

manucapo
11-27-07, 10:07 AM
and somone shouted at me when i asked if they had a concrete date
(ITS IN MID NOVEMBER YOU COULDNT HAVE BOTHERE TO READ THE OLDER POSTS)
im very anxious every day i come in always with the highest of expectations

TDK1044
11-27-07, 10:39 AM
The Devs said by the end of November. They will make good on the promise.

Wilcke
11-27-07, 10:47 AM

I sense a shift in the reality field here....maybe I need to go back into "Cold Pack"; Now where did I leave that can of Ubik?:nope:

"On her bare, dark forearm he made out a tattoo, CAVEAT EMPTOR, it read. He wondered what that meant.":hmm:

"So try Ubik, and be loved. Warning: use only as directed. And with caution.":rotfl:

Wilcke

TDK1044
11-27-07, 10:49 AM
Ahead Flank. :D

Brenjen
11-27-07, 10:49 AM
If they need more time I hope they just tell everyone that's how it is & get it right even if it is a little late. I'd rather wait & get the best product they can deliver over getting what they have at the moment just to satisfy a deadline.....but that's just me & it applies to all games I play & not this one exclusively. BF2 was a game that got on my nerves with patches to patch patches that patched previous patches poorly.

Ducimus
11-27-07, 11:26 AM
How this modder has occupied himself with the patch wait period.

Hacking up hellgate london :roll:

Anyone have this game and interested in a saved game file where theres no stat or skill points used, on a level 22 marksman? I made this saved game specifically so i could reroll and experiment with different skills and not have to acutally .. you know.. reroll and work the bugger up all over again. After rerolling 4 or 5 different times, i finally had enough. It's a singleplayer saved game file. Multiplayer, isn't, so i dont even waste my time with it.

AVGWarhawk
11-27-07, 01:10 PM
Patch is here. See have fast SOON is?