PDA

View Full Version : dll resolution and fraps/8800GTX graphics

locher
11-24-07, 11:07 AM
anybody know how to use the dll resolution fix AND have fraps capture video?

currently, if i want to run silent hunter3 at my monitor's native resolution, i change the d3d9 cfg file to 1680 x 1050, disable screenshots, run game, everything looks awesome, but, if you try to use fraps to either screenshot or video capture, it crashes to desktop

so, from the sh3 folder, i click and drag to desktop the d3d9 cfg and d3d9.dll files (removing them temporarily.....just drag and drop to desktop), run game, runs fine in silent hunter's default 1024 x 768 resolution and fraps works fine

btw, no matter how small a resolution you set using the dll resolution fix, fraps will not work and will crash to desktop

anybody have a fix for this or any info?

also, having trouble figuring out which driver to use. At 1680x1050, all is ok, but at 1024 x 768 resolution I get flashing black objects, white particles on horizon, graphics in general look terrible. experimented with all settings in nvidia control panel individually one by one to see what would fix but nothing improves it.

running a single 8800 GTX, power supply is thermaltake toughpower 1000 watt, modular with 12v rail #3 (36amp ?) powering the 8800 gtx with 2 6pin cables, nothing else on that rail, and not using any molex "y" adapters

current driver is 163.75, will try 169.04 and see what happens

stupid me, i downloaded (but did not install) 169.09....which I think is for vista 32 bit (running XP home, sp2)

still researching...............

good hunting

Cpt. Lt. Steve Locher U-514

Dowly
11-24-07, 12:39 PM
Hi Lorcher and welcome to SubSim! :up:

As far as I know there's nothing to do to get the res fix & FRAPS to work. :-?