PDA

View Full Version : Brave, bold or ignorent skipper??

joho
11-20-07, 02:02 PM
Was pasing trough the english channel when my sonar op reported a contact, merchant, slow, long range. Naturally I intercepted to investigate. I was a wee bit supprised :huh:to find a German! sailng yacht. He was peacefully cruising in the channel in may 1940. So we ordered him to heave to, and asked him what on earth he was doing. It turned out that he had been on a cruise arond the globe, and never heard of the outbrake of war. We gave directions to nearest friendly harbour, wished him good luck and went on our way. Dont now if he made it.;)

bigboywooly
11-20-07, 02:17 PM
:o:o :o

KeptinCranky
11-20-07, 02:37 PM
BBW's response says it all really, poor slob in that yacht

bigboywooly
11-20-07, 02:46 PM
Perhaps it was Hess's escape boat

:rotfl:

joho
11-20-07, 03:03 PM

Well he did "Hessitate" when we offered him a ride in the sub.
:lol:

GoldenRivet
11-20-07, 03:11 PM
thats a funny story

sasquatch
11-20-07, 03:22 PM
Maybe he had British relatives...

Brag
11-20-07, 04:49 PM

Well he did "Hessitate" when we offered him a ride in the sub.
:lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Excellent!!

Canovaro
11-21-07, 03:20 AM
I can imagine you were a bit surprised :)

GoldenRivet
11-21-07, 04:00 AM
good thing you stumbled across him first.

Imagine if he was sailing along, on his round the world tour about to complete his journey, when suddenly a black swan comes rushing out of the rising sun... guns blazing!

Or he is rounding dover and spots two low flying hurricaines "Oh look those tommies are giving me a bit of a low pass for good luck... news of my Journey must have easily spread to the Brits by now!"

RAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT !!!

i could see his log entry

"17 May 1940

Nearing the end of my Journey, the old yacht has held up well despite being attacked by a pair of british hurricaines and charged by what appeared to be a British Destroyer.

the main mast was almost a total loss, but i managed some quick repairs... the bullet holes in my sails are patched with my dirty underwear... which there are no shortage of on board now i can assure you!

I should hope to be nearing Germany within a few days time, immediately upon entering port i shall enlist in the u-boat service and have my revenge!

Signed,

Yacht Capt. Bernard!"

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

BulSoldier
11-21-07, 05:46 AM
I was to suggest it was some Bernard relative but it seems it was The Bernard ! Bad that huricanes didnt put a hole in his head.