PDA

View Full Version : what the h***????

von hally
11-20-07, 12:16 PM
lo all

was out on patrol today when i ran into a destroyer..i fired an acoustic torp which missed ( i couldnt help myself!!) the destroyer got me with a couple o hits before i dived to safe depth....now....when i had repaired the flooding i was left with the aft rest room destroyed and some other irrepairable things..but all seemed ok....till i suddenly hear "mediiiic"....i lost both men from the radio room, then others in other departments started dropping like flies!!... untill all in the control room died and i couldnt even move the boat....i had plenty of air etc....what caused this??...anyone know?? in the end we all perished, im a bit confused!!!
also how do you get ure medic to heal someone...i tried putting them together in the same compartment but nothing happened
any ideas would be greatly appreciated, dont like making the same mistake twice!!!
cheers:up:

Einzelganger
11-20-07, 12:25 PM
At what depth where you while repairing the damage ? Based on your story i'd now guess the pressure at the depth you were at became too great for your damaged sub.

Or, perhaps the CO2 level became too great.......?

The medic is a bit of a curious one. As far as i know he doesn't seem to have any noticeable affect on anyone.

von hally
11-20-07, 12:29 PM
At what depth where you while repairing the damage ? Based on your story i'd now guess the pressure at the depth you were at became too great for your damaged sub.

lo mate
was at around 184m....but i thought the sub would implode killing all instantly if that was the case...they seemed to die off in stages...maybe thats what happens
thanx mate:up:

Kpt. Lehmann
11-20-07, 12:30 PM
Sounds to me that you were hit by your own torpedo depending on the depth you were at when the event happened.

Circle-runners are very real in SH3. If you fire an accoustic you need to grab some depth and go silent.

(Just ask Penelope_Grey... she caught a screenshot of one that came within a couple of meters of taking her sub out.)

von hally
11-20-07, 12:36 PM
Sounds to me that you were hit by your own torpedo depending on the depth you were at when the event happened.

Circle-runners are very real in SH3. If you fire an accoustic you need to grab some depth and go silent.

(Just ask Penelope_Grey... she caught a screenshot of one that came within a couple of meters of taking her sub out.)

lo mate....got the "torpedo missed" shout from my ce...so cant be this...must have been the depth i was at...but my boat didnt implode instantly...just seemed to kill my crew over a period of a few minutes....i knew i shouldnt have tried it on with a destroyer...they dont like our type!!!:o

Hanomag
11-20-07, 01:31 PM
Herr Kaluen,

Did you reload a saved game b4 this happened?

Is your conning tower damaged at all?

KeptinCranky
11-20-07, 02:42 PM
Sound like a slow crush because of pressure, you get something failing and a cascade effect follows, I've had that happen a couple of times, it's not abnormal, just more tortuously slow than usual.

as to medics, if you have wounded crew and they stay in the same compartment long enough they get fixed up, which means they don't get a verwundeten abzeichen on their return to port, but they can do their job more effectively.
Especially cold-hearted Kaleuns who want all the medals they can get for their crew, might consider just dosing the crewman with morphine and knocking him out when running silent to get him home still wounded and get a medal that way :roll:

von hally
11-20-07, 03:33 PM
thanx all

yes the coning tower was damaged...this is a problem ive heard of before
should have known:o

Steel_Tomb
11-21-07, 03:05 PM
*shudder* I got killed by a circle runner playing SHIV a few months ago...went to the external view to watch the fireworks...and saw it impact my hull...game over!