PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to All

Brer Rabbit
11-18-07, 11:44 PM
As a relative NOOBE to Silent Hunter, and a faily long time lurker, I wante to take the opportunity to say Thanks to all who have contributed time, advice, asked questions, and engaged in serious research into the facinating world of the war in the Atlantic, and the Pacific. I cut my teeth on Subsims so many yrate ago on an Atari playing Silent Service, graduating to Silent Service II in th elate 80's and finally to 688I in the 90's. I bought Silent Hunter II, and became frustrated by the lack of documentation and my sporatic time that I could learn the game, that I soon gave up. A little over a year ago I purchase SHIII, but again the manual short commings preventing me from being able to get into the game. Then I bought SHIV, only to realize my computer couldn't handle it.
To make along story short I discovered SUBSIM, and after devoruring as much as I could from the forum, I completed the training course and few of the single missions, and recently my first campaign mission. Not a spectacular success, but I survived and more importantly my crew survuved. To this I owe my gratutite to the afore mentioned contributers. I am looking forware to more missions, experience and advice.

Thanks again.
Brer Rabbit

"Puuleez don't throw me into that briar patch"

Peto
11-19-07, 01:08 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Surviving a Campaign mission is always a success IMO! Surviving the war--now that's a miracle! :yep:

Happy Hunting!

TarJak
11-19-07, 01:37 AM
Wilkommen zum Subsim Herr Kaluen!

Good to have you on board.

Gute Jagd!

_Seth_
11-19-07, 01:57 AM
Welcome aboard, matey! :up::up: Always glad to see new kaleun's! :D

Venatore
11-19-07, 01:58 AM
Hi matey, welcome to Subsim.

Stierlitz
11-19-07, 02:17 AM
Howdy Brer!

Glad you like our forum!

Welcome aboard, kaleun! :arrgh!:

StarTrekMike
11-19-07, 03:37 AM
Always good to see a new face in the club (so to speak)

The folks on this forum my be ole salts at this game but they really do go above and beyond when it comes to helping out the community and making us noobs feel welcome at the same table.

Surviving your first mission is a great success and I wish you many more safe returns...but I do have to offer you a warning, it does get much harder as the war goes on. you will find that you have to change tactics for every year or even month of the war to keep you and your crew alive.

if you need any help at all and need a quick response than you found the right place.

and I second your comment.

Thank you to all the folks on this forum...I have gotten more help and felt more welcome than any other forum I have ever been on and I wish all of you many returns from missions with good tonnage under your collective belts.

Peace out

Mike

Canovaro
11-19-07, 04:11 AM
Warning: this game consumes you like a shark

:rock:

_Seth_
11-19-07, 04:22 AM
Warning: this game consumes you like a shark

:rock::yep::yep: SH3 is not a game. Subsim is not a forum. These two things are a lifestyle. :up:

Jimbuna
11-19-07, 05:05 AM
Welcome aboard Kaleun Brer Rabbit :arrgh!:

Brag
11-19-07, 07:00 AM
Welcome aboard, Brer Rabbit! Wishing you good tonnage and renown. Stay out of shallow water! :up:

von hally
11-19-07, 12:18 PM
welcommen brer

well said mate...i too luckily stumbled onto this forum at a time when sh3 was losing its appeal and ive never looked back....im more hooked now than i ever was at the start!!!.
the guys on this forum have been excellent, from their advice and help....to the great mods that they make...theres always someone willing to help...and man have i asked a lot o questions HA!
my first thread was a simple question of other add on packs...as i was playing the dreaded medditerrainean pack (which i bought by the way) and was wondering if there was anything better...well....after guys like bigboywoolly,jimbuna, brag,danlisa,sailor steve....(the list goes on)...educated me in the ways of gwx...i havent had as mutch fun playing a sim ever!!!..its like a complete new game!!!
i truly advise that if you havent tried these supermods..that you do...you wont regret it mate.
i log onto this site almost daily now to see if theres any juicy new mods going...i wish i had the knowhow to do something myself...but im just happy the guys here take the time to do these for all our benefit...a big thanks to you all:up:

ive tried telling other pc users and mates about the brilliance of these mods and tweaks...but they just dont get it....they think im mad sat hunched at my screen listening for depthcharges for hours....but i know different eh????

:p

HunterICX
11-19-07, 12:28 PM
Welcome, Ber Rabit,

enjoy the stay here on Subsim.com :ping:

HunterICX

Sailor Steve
11-19-07, 12:30 PM
WELCOME ABOARD!:sunny:

HW3
11-19-07, 12:44 PM
Welcome Brer Rabbit! Not sure how many here know about Brer Rabbit. :hmm:

Penelope_Grey
11-19-07, 01:24 PM
Brer Rabbit was a fictional and supremely witty Character invented by american held slaves to amuse themselves as it outwitted the slave owners... or... he was originally made up in Africa itself as part of their mythology of trickster characters based on a Hare :up:

Welcome aboard Brer Wabbit. Watch out though, there are a few Elmer Fudd types here. :lol::lol:

U49
11-19-07, 05:37 PM
Welcome aboard subsim! :yep:

Good luck in finding those nasty enemy vessels and always tell us, when you wiped out the whole british home fleet :rotfl:

PS: and don't forget to throw Bernhard overboard and to tell Mr. Balz that he is a blind NOTHING against your almighty successes

... more: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: