PDA

View Full Version : Crossfire Problem

KronosMT
11-17-07, 08:17 PM
I've been running SH3 in Crossfire mode for about a year now, with no problems, until yesterday. All of a sudden, when I start SH3 I get an error "memory not read" issue, and the game closes. The only thing that has changed since it last work was this:

I installed itunes.
I installed OLC Gui 1.1.4 (was previously running 1.1.1, no probs).

I determined it was not the mod--I'm now having the same problem with just the stock version of the game.

The game runs if I disable crossfire in the ATI catalyst center, again, when I enable it the game crashes.

I have reinstalled the game (a few times) didn't fix it, re-installed the ATI drivers didn't fix it, inspected the motherboard, and reinstalled the cards incase it was a hardware issue, didn't fix it, and also d/l'ed most recent ATI drivers and that didn't fix it.

The only other thing I can think of is to completely reformat my system.. don't really want to do that. Crossfire works fine when I run other games (WIC specifically). All devices seem to be working properly, and am not getting any errors except when starting up SH3. Now, I can run SH3 with no problems w/out crossfire, but I have crossfire defaulted to enable on system startup, and really want to keep it that way, besides, it bugs me.

Anyone had this problem and found a way to fix it, or any other ideas on it?

System:
Intel DUO core 2.6
2x ATI 1600 PCI express cards
2 gig ram
Windows XP

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bigboywooly
11-17-07, 08:57 PM
You said you uninstalled OLC mod
Did you uninstall itunes and try that too

KronosMT
11-17-07, 09:04 PM
You said you uninstalled OLC mod
Did you uninstall itunes and try that too

No, I did not. However, that is the problem, or rather I think Quicktime is.. (came with itunes.) I just figured it out, after over 24 hrs of frustration. I removed the logo.wmv and intro.wmv and the game works fine.