PDA

View Full Version : Ship sunk. no renoun or mark on the map !!

Temujin
11-17-07, 02:27 PM
Frustrating !

It is midnight !! Large Tanker (~13,600 tones)
One torpedo hit in the 1st 3rd.. flames… (slowing down to stop)

I surfaced about 1,800 meters from her half sunk massive body.
She sees me. Both her spotlights lights on my submarine.

3 – 4 deck gun shots – the spot light stopped lighting.

That's it!

No "She's going down.."
No mark on the map.
No renoun

WTF !! :damn:

What do I do in such situation ?!

Thanks,
Temujin

The Butcher
11-17-07, 02:56 PM
I've handed a few big ship a serious whoopin' and still had them slip away. I had to regroup reload and go after them again before they sank. I have also had ships show up in the log that I thought had escaped.

Jimbuna
11-17-07, 03:21 PM
You will only get renown after the message "She's going down"

The time it takes a ship to sink is variable from seconds to minutes, or even (in exceptional cases) days.

Packerton
11-17-07, 03:23 PM
If the crew has the in engine skill level of "Elite" then it I think they will manage flooding extremely efficently to the point where blowing them with the deck gun is the only way to finish them off after a torpedo.

Umfuld
11-17-07, 04:25 PM
That happened to me a few days ago. Sank a DD and Large Cargo (days apart) and didn't get credit for either.

Have to say though with several 100s of ships sunk I'm willing to let the occasional error pass. :up:

-SWCowboy.
11-17-07, 04:59 PM
I'm willing to bet Bernard sabotaged your records mate :lol:

Brag
11-17-07, 05:06 PM
How long were you in the area? Have you sunk a similar ship earlier?

You might have run into a zombie ship, respawned after being sunk and too close to the previous sinking. :roll:

CapZap1970
11-17-07, 05:10 PM

You might have run into a zombie ship, respawned after being sunk and too close to the previous sinking. :roll:
Another solution could be to dance the hoochie-woochie...
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Nice to see you again, Kpt Balz. Waiting for you at Consuela's
CapZap

Jimbuna
11-17-07, 05:46 PM
That happened to me a few days ago. Sank a DD and Large Cargo (days apart) and didn't get credit for either.

Have to say though with several 100s of ships sunk I'm willing to let the occasional error pass. :up:

Stick with em until you get the "She's going down" message. :arrgh!:

Stealth Hunter
11-17-07, 05:51 PM
I love it when they burn at like 2 in the morning. So cold on the ocean until you get near that flame, and the stench of burning oil and corpses touches your nostrils. The warm air becomes unbearable, and the candle of the night eventually slips below, lost forever with her crew.

Then, her flame extinguishes, and the sea forgets.

Capt. Shark Bait
11-17-07, 06:23 PM
had this happen recently. i'm thinkin it's cuz i was deep with no periscope up

Temujin
11-17-07, 06:31 PM
I did it again and this time, waited to the morning to see well.
Yea, she went down, I saw it with my own eyes.

Still, no acknowledgment, no Renoun !!

What should I do?

Temujin

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6938/largetankernv7.th.jpg (http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=largetankernv7.jpg)

Brag
11-17-07, 07:27 PM

Another solution could be to dance the hoochie-woochie...
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Nice to see you again, Kpt Balz. Waiting for you at Consuela's
CapZap

Hey Zap!

LTNS, let's slurp a few piscos at Consuela's. :D

Umfuld
11-17-07, 08:15 PM
Stick with em until you get the "She's going down" message.
Well I mean, the ships were gone. From impact to completely under the water in a few minutes. I stuck around for a bit after to see if credit would come. I don't think it was ever gonna.

No big deal. I can always adjust the renown if I get low. (Shhhhh. Don't tell Donitz)

Capa
11-17-07, 08:24 PM
I had a spook the other day when a ship only had its keel poking out of the water before I got "she's going down", in stock SH3. I.e that fabled version of the game where a dead ship is a dead ship, and sinking mechanics don't exist.