PDA

View Full Version : A first for me

The Butcher
11-17-07, 11:16 AM
I have certainly had e few targets stolen from me by the Luftwaffe but this is my first by King Neptune. I was hurting for targets (too many eels left after patrol) so I was skirting the East coast of England. The weather was bad, foggy, high seas, when I came across a target. Lined up for the shot, it came in to view, it was a Trawler. Oh well since I'm here I may as well take a shot. Wait for it, waaait for it, fi... what the heck. It's bow was swamped and down it goes. I never got a shot off. I hope King Neptune remembers this when I cross the line for the first time and takes it easy on me. Well back to the hunt.

GoldenRivet
11-17-07, 12:08 PM
bummer... this has happened to me a couple of times only not right at the moment of getting ready to shoot. Usually as i was approaching the target or stalking it etc.

seems like heavy seas swallow up smaller boats very easily.

I stalked a sound contact in that rotten heavy seas with blowing rain one day and it was a civilian yacht. i said to myself "Whoa! what are you doing out here in this mess?" i sailed away, he had big problems already lol

Brag
11-17-07, 12:59 PM
That's whai like about this game, it is complex enough that weird things happen :o

KeptinCranky
11-17-07, 02:07 PM
I ran into some PT boats and armed trawlers in that sort of weather near Iceland eventually the last one to succumb to the waves and wind was the RAF rescue launch, which I thought quite fitting :yep:

papa_smurf
11-17-07, 02:36 PM
I've seen Large Merchants sinking in heavy seas whilst on patrol in the atlantic.

Stealth Hunter
11-17-07, 02:45 PM
Queen Mary sank on me in a storm.

Packerton
11-17-07, 02:54 PM
DINSDALE!!!!

Such were the last words of CPT.Price of the Trawler S.S Neptune :lol:

Jimbuna
11-17-07, 03:22 PM
The game treats flooding as damage, just like fire :arrgh!: