PDA

View Full Version : Empire Earth III

TheSatyr
11-15-07, 05:21 PM
A word of advice,don't buy it till it has a few more patches. I feel like a crash test dummy when I try to play it. I have yet to actually complete a game due to it crashing constantly.

Even with the patches it does have,EE3 is in the worst state of any game I've ever played as far as stability goes.

Biggles
11-15-07, 06:09 PM
hm....well, I don't think I'll buy it anyway. Empire Earth (the first one) was one of the best RTS ever created, with campaigns so difficult that I only managed to beat one of them (the german) without cheats! The second was allright, but the campaigns didn't have the same feeling....

Reaves
11-15-07, 10:24 PM
I used to love those RTS games, I spent a LOT of time on Empire Earth. But since i've played the totalwar style i've never been able to go back. I guess it's because I'm a big fan of civilization and TW is like a mixture of both.

NiclDoe
11-16-07, 06:42 AM
hm....well, I don't think I'll buy it anyway. Empire Earth (the first one) was one of the best RTS ever created, with campaigns so difficult that I only managed to beat one of them (the german) without cheats! The second was allright, but the campaigns didn't have the same feeling....
Then how do i beat the Germans on the three forts mission. its so hard and im getting angry. Plz help me!

Biggles
11-16-07, 01:41 PM
Don't rush it. Build up a strong defense, and then gradually take out one fort at a time. You think that mission is bad? Wait till the next one....

NiclDoe
11-16-07, 03:45 PM
Don't rush it. Build up a strong defense, and then gradually take out one fort at a time. You think that mission is bad? Wait till the next one....
me scared now! :oops:

Safe-Keeper
11-16-07, 07:46 PM
The worst mission in the game has to be the second Russian one. Try to build up an army and defeat the entirety of Europe's military might while they throw everything from infantry to armour to nuclear weapons at you. Oh, and there are freedom fighters at home. With tanks. You need to beat them, too.

:o

HunterICX
11-17-07, 04:39 AM
:hmm: Mmm...Empire Earth,

I never really got to work on that campaign , mostly just played deathmatch.
also like here, when I got RTW I just left it to dust.
Hearing its an almost impossible campaign to finish sounds interesting.
now where did I put that CD:arrgh!:

Biggles
11-17-07, 01:25 PM
Well the first 5 missions in the English campaign was pretty bad.....that was during different stages of the Medieval era.

Then came.....Napoleon.
The 6th mission, when your duty is, as Duke of Wellington, to throw the french out of Portugal/Spain, is pretty........hard(understatement of the year).

HunterICX
11-17-07, 06:46 PM
Installed and playing :ping:

Playing the 2nd mission of the greek campaign.

HunterICX
11-19-07, 07:10 AM
:hmm: Mission 3: attacking Troy

dang...knowing history its something to bite in.

anyway...have to build up my muscle and first get rid of Thellasy (or something like that) so I can peacefully build up a bigger army to crush troy.
:ping:

HunterICX

Bum
11-21-07, 10:20 PM
My wifey bought me this one last week, and now to see if it works:doh: