PDA

View Full Version : I wanna see 43!

baggygreen
11-15-07, 02:25 AM
I'm trying to get through the war using GWX 1.03 using the same boat. With SH3 commander and realistic career length, I've been handing over control to the CE at the end of each career, just keeping the same VIIB u88.

I've been trying for probably 6 or 9 months but this most recent attempt made it all the way through to feb 2 1942.:cool:

Now i've decided bugger it, i wanna see what the rest of the war has to offer, so i've decided i'll just start a new career off in the month where i die. i wanna see 43! this big, mythical number!

bloody GWX.... its addictively dangerous!:D love it

Peto
11-15-07, 02:31 AM
43 is definitely different than all the preceeding years! It's really a buggar to see 44--I've made it there 3 times. I typically start my careers mid 41 or beginning 42. 1940 is fun but not nearly as challenging/interesting as later years.

I'd like to see 45 and get a XXI just to say I've done it :hmm:.

Watch the skies!!!

Venatore
11-15-07, 04:41 AM
I'm trying to get through the war

Well, I must say Baggygreen, by enlisting into the Kriegsmarine U-Boote service, I dare your choice of military service is in doubt ;) but, I wish you all the best my friend, good luck in 1943.

melnibonian
11-15-07, 05:08 AM
Managing to reach the end of the war is difficult but not impossible. I did reach the end in a GWX 1.0 career and a TGW 1.1a one. You need to be lucky (very important) and you need to be always equiped with the latest technology BdU can afford. The technology part is important as towards the end of the war the Allied sornar is far too good for your counter-measures (as it was in reality) so anything that can help you survive is vital. The rule of thumb to survive the war though is:

1. Stay away from shallow waters
2. Dive when you think you see a plane (if you wait until you're sure you will be dead)
3. Don't wait to see the results of your firing. Lunch a torpedo and dive deep, really deep.
4. Always be silent close to Destroyers and other ships that can hear you.
5. Pray and be lucky

Good Luck and Good Shooting :up:

U49
11-15-07, 11:17 AM
Good luck!

... and make a photo of your crew in spring'43.... They will have a different attitude in autumn '43

I've been there twice, but that was vanilla and with the first GWX... I think I had easy times..

As soon as GWX 1.04 is installed I will try it out immediately with a career in the med or arctic starting in '43