PDA

View Full Version : Vista64 Problems

UncleSam
11-14-07, 11:11 AM
Hi,

I bought the Silent Hunter 3 Game and have now problems to play the game.

I tested the "install -> uninstall -> reinstall" tip but id havn't worked. I am also trying to run it as administrator but without any results. Now I installed the GWX patch/mod in hope to play the game but also without any results.

Everytime I start the game it plays the Video and then displays the load window. After the load completed I get a dark page an see the move of the mouse but no menus or something else! (look at the screenshot)

http://image.mafiamili.eu/thumb-43.jpg (http://image.mafiamili.eu/showpic-43.jpg)

Cause I wanted to know if this is a Vista bug I tested it at my Notebook who hase Vista32 Home Premium and there it works but very very laggy :(

My PC Details:
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 5600+ am2
RAM: 4GB
System: Windows Vista64 Home Premium
Grafik: nvidia GForce 8800GTX 756mb (DirectX 10 compatible)
Sound: DirectX 9 compatible

Can you please help me???

PS: I also have the same problem with SilentHunter 4 but there is after starting the game and loading screen passed only a black window without anything, just a deep dark hole :(

Thx
UncleSam

Friedl9te
11-14-07, 11:36 AM
In the meantime I have red many posts concerning "Vista Problems"

I tried Vista myself, but I like the appearance of plain classic Windows better than this BarbieStyling, I dont use 64bit programs and have no programs that take any benefit of memeory beyond 4GB.
My Solution was to get rid of Vista and install XPProSP2 again, and it serves best for me.

But if you want to keep Vista64 this will not help you.
So I can give you the following hints.

Graphics driver updated and running properly ?
SH III Installed not in the default directory but in another folder C:\AnyFoldernameYouLike\ for instance.
Searched for a possibility to run SHIII without "Starforce Protection".
Recently it was told that a new CD is out and SH III installations from this CD run legally without Starforce Protection.
Think about a dual boot environment. But mind You must install XP first in a small partition just big enough for what itīs supposed to serve. Then install Vista and you will have the choice to set up the dual boot option.

seafarer
11-14-07, 12:28 PM
Have you checked your version of ForceWare? According to NVidia's site, the latest for Vista 64 bit is 163.75, released on 11/06/2007.

Also, what about any Vista 64 hotfixes? There are several Vista hotfixes for GeForce video cards - eg. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105.

I'm not seeing anything remotely like this with SHIII or SHIV on Vista 32 bit

--
Acer Aspire e380 = AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+
2Gb RAM, 400Gb SATA HD
PNY GeForce 8500GT 512Mb video
Samsung 216BW

SHIII, GWX 1.03, SHCommander
SHIV, NSM 3.3 classic, LBO

ddales
11-30-07, 02:23 PM
I had the same problem on Vista 32 bit. I just discovered, tonight in fact, the problem was the Vista Free Codec Pack. After I uninstalled the codec pack, everything works fine!