PDA

View Full Version : My Apologies

5string74
11-13-07, 02:55 PM
I have been sent on shore leave and I assume it is because of my post in the Humorus Screenshot thread. Someone posted a picture of some SS soldiers with a kitten stating that Nazis were not all that bad. So, I commented that something bad happened after the photo was taken. I may have offended some of you who are lovers of all things feline. I am really sorry about that. My intention was to underline SS culpability through humor and, it's painfully obvious to me NOW that: humor and the SS - never a good match. I am a lover of animals and I realize the remark was insensitive.
Also, even though the "Nazi's are not that bad" picture proved irresistable , I will never again mix political/moral judgements with this wonderful forum again. I'm sorry.

5string74

danlisa
11-13-07, 03:09 PM
Well, personally, I think the image was in very bad taste & the caption has no place in this day & age.

So I take no offence at your comments.:up:

Peto
11-13-07, 03:36 PM
Well--since I didn't see the post ;)--I won't hold it against you. But I do have a question...

5string74: Does your name refer to a 5 string bass? I personally play a 4 string Rick 4001 built in 74. Not really sub related but I had to ask. It'll also help me get enough posts to lose this goofy "medic" hat to the left :lol:!

Peto

5string74
11-13-07, 03:38 PM
The 5string refers to the 5-string banjo. I am a bluegrass musician (who is obsessed with UBoats!).

Jimbuna
11-13-07, 03:47 PM
No offence from this end :nope:

Peto
11-13-07, 03:50 PM
The 5string refers to the 5-string banjo. I am a bluegrass musician (who is obsessed with UBoats!).

I considered that possibility as well :hmm:. Maybe we could start a band for das boot :yep:.

Cheers!

5string74
11-13-07, 10:19 PM
Thanks fellers. I am glad my intentions were clear enough for you.
Well, I have had enough cognac for one shore leave, I need to clear my head in the North Sea air. Onward....into the fog....

Peto
11-14-07, 02:05 AM
Salute!!!

Sailor Steve
11-14-07, 06:40 PM
Well--since I didn't see the post ;)--I won't hold it against you. But I do have a question...

5string74: Does your name refer to a 5 string bass? I personally play a 4 string Rick 4001 built in 74. Not really sub related but I had to ask. It'll also help me get enough posts to lose this goofy "medic" hat to the left :lol:!

Peto
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=301768&postcount=167

Stealth Hunter
11-14-07, 08:08 PM
Oh for God sake people, take a joke once in a while. Sure, the SS was extremely bad, but not every member was (it's just that most were, LOL).

You didn't need to take the photo down. I kind of thought it was interesting to say the least. Showed that not all of them wanted to be there or were cold killers (once again, it's just that most were).

In fact, I removed the caption and I plan on using it in an essay I'm planning to write for the local WWII group I belong to concerning the German Army during the Third Reich (we're moving into the Battle of the Bulge come December 5th).