PDA

View Full Version : GWX Help Please

Nerazzurri
11-11-07, 06:25 PM
I've downloaded all the parts to GWX. However, when I click on the .exe file it is displaying an error prompt almost as soon as it starts installing - terrain data bfd., corrupt file.

I've tried different .exe files from the mirrors but they either similarly display that error prompt, or another one just saying corrupt file.

Very frustrating! :cry: I'm sure it's an elementary problem with an easy solution, it's just I can't see it! LOL

I'd be glad of any help.

TarJak
11-11-07, 06:38 PM
Looks like you've got a corrupted DL. You can try DL from the link in my sig to see if that makes a difference.

Nerazzurri
11-11-07, 07:06 PM
It's still the same, my friend.

The prompt says the source file is corrupt???

HW3
11-11-07, 07:40 PM
I don't think it is the .exe file that is corrupt. It sounds like one of the .bin files is corrupt.

TarJak
11-11-07, 07:49 PM
Any idea which .BIN file the error is being thrown from? If not then you'll need to delete the files you've got and then DL the whole lot again.:damn:

Nerazzurri
11-12-07, 04:17 AM
Delete and DL them all again?!? :damn: LOL

OK I'll try that; unless someone knows which bin file the terrain data is in?

melnibonian
11-12-07, 04:55 AM
I would suggest you try downloading from a different source just to be on the safe side. If you need to just click on the link under my signature and get the bins and the executables.

Good Luck :up:

Nerazzurri
11-12-07, 05:04 AM
Thanks mate, I'll try your link when I get home in a couple of hours.

Regards, Gavin.

johnno74
11-12-07, 06:21 AM
You can work out which one is corrupted by checking the MD5 hashes.

Download a MD5 hash app from Jaeson here: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products.html (md5mate) and run it over each file (I've never used it, sorry I can't provide more detailed instructions...)

Check the hash values calculated against the values here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9091085392/m/1281008415

If a file has been corrupted then its hash will be different.

HTH.

Nerazzurri
11-12-07, 10:11 AM
Ok, I've got all the files and the game seems to be running fine (famous last words????). I got them from your link Melnibonian, thank you.

Johno, I think maybe last night my computer was playing silly beggars and it wasn't downloading perfectly good files properly.

Thank you for your help everybody.

Regards, Gavin.

melnibonian
11-12-07, 02:10 PM
Glad you got yourself sorted mate :up:

Enjoy the GWX eXperience :up: