PDA

View Full Version : Watch crew vs depth of sub

PapaG39
11-11-07, 12:26 AM
I have an old laptop that I have Sh3 standard load with only Commander & a hearing mod for the hydraphone.

On my home computer I have the GWX with all the good stuff.

When I do a decks awash running...I.E. 6m depth with GWX I get the electric engines so I can charge the batteries and I also get a con watch crew. It's cool to watch them standing just inches above the water on the tiny little island

However... With the standard setup on my laptop I do not get the watch crew at 6m decks awash depth, but I do get the crew in the electric engines.

Is there something that I can (EASILY) change to get the watch crew on the con in the standard setup or not?

Is this just an GWX addon type thing?

baggygreen
11-11-07, 01:38 AM
I gotta say Papa, thats a strange one. I got GWX and when using the type VII at least, I can be at 7m with the watch crew up top and diesels still running.

What type of seas are you in when this happens? My guess is that if you're in a canoe and heavy seas you simply get swamped too often and so the crew uses their nouse and go to electric...?

PapaG39
11-11-07, 01:18 PM
No...It's fine with gwx...A crew is there always there in either the VIIB or IID boats

It's the standard setup from the original cd that doesn't have the crew up there in the type IID boat at anything lower then surfaced.

bigboywooly
11-11-07, 01:34 PM
You need to go to

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Submarine

Open up a sub folder of your choice

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Submarine\NSS_U boat9b

Open the cfg file in notepad and look for

SurfaceDepth=8;meters <-----stock is 5 or 6 IIRC

Then save

Now you will have a watch crew running decks awash at a depth down to 8m