PDA

View Full Version : GWX 1.3 Mod Problem

Checkmate King 2
11-10-07, 05:16 PM
I'm currently having a GWX MOD load up problem.

I currently have GWX 1.3 up & running.

After using JSME (which was automaticaly loaded under my SH3 folder when I loaded GWX1.3) to activate 4 of the mods that come include with GWX 1.3, the game will load my campaign game up to where it says " NOT SO LONG AGO". Next, my screen goes from full screen to a big black box that covers 70-75% of my desk top. This black box looks like what would load up if I had NOT selected the FULL SCREEN OPTION however, the game setting is at FULL Screen.

After about 15 seconds, I then get the following:

" SH III has encountered a problem and needs to close. We Are sorry for the inconvenience."

After this all happens, I went back and deactivated all the MODS. Next, I loaded up my career & the game loaded up A-OK!! After getting out of that game, I went back to JSGME to activate the Nav. Maps & Grids IN English. Then I reloaded my career on SH3 however, the maps/grids were still in German!!

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Jimbuna
11-10-07, 05:25 PM
Have you activated JSGME (double clicked on it) to create a 'MODS' folder :hmm:

3Jane
11-10-07, 05:28 PM
Are the saved games you are attempting to load were saved when you were out of port on potrol. The advice when the patch was released was to install it whilst still in port. I am not sure, but that might be the cause of any issues. Try loading a saved game starting in port 'in base before mission', and see if that helps.

Checkmate King 2
11-10-07, 05:49 PM
jimbuna: I have to double click the JSGME icon when using windows explorer to be able to select the MOds.

Is that what you are talking about?

3Jane: I've been out of port, on a mission, while tring to activate the mod(s).

I even tried to start a a new career, which starts in port, but didn't have any luck; I had the same problem.

3Jane
11-10-07, 05:59 PM
Have you used the tool available to check your downloaded files for faults. The only thing I can think of is that some files might be damaged or corrupt.

Checkmate King 2
11-10-07, 07:01 PM
3Jane

The only mods I have are the ones that automatically came with the GWX 1.3 downoad. I not trying to use any other type of downloads.

3Jane
11-11-07, 04:11 AM
3Jane

The only mods I have are the ones that automatically came with the GWX 1.3 downoad. I not trying to use any other type of downloads.

Yes, I realise that.

Jimbuna
11-11-07, 06:43 AM
jimbuna: I have to double click the JSGME icon when using windows explorer to be able to select the MOds.

Is that what you are talking about?

3Jane: I've been out of port, on a mission, while tring to activate the mod(s).

I even tried to start a a new career, which starts in port, but didn't have any luck; I had the same problem.

The first time you double click the JSGME icon it should create a MODS folder, that is correct.

Only activate mods whilst in port.

In fact, if I were you I'd perform a complete new reinstall :hmm:
1. Uninstall SH3 via Windows' "Add/Remove programs"
2. Open Windows Explorer and:
- *delete* the folder where you had installed SH3
- *delete* the \My Documents\SH3 folder
3. Reinstall SH3
4. If your SH3 did not come with patch v1.4b already included, install patch v1.4b. Ensure you install the patch that corresponds to your copy of SH3 (Download/DVD/EMEA/US)
5. OPTIONAL: Copy and paste this "clean" install as a backup to avoid the need to follow steps 1-3 if your game becomes corrupt in future
6.Download into the SAME folder GWX.exe and the five .bin files. While there grab the v1.03 patch
7. Run GWX.exe and follow the installation prompts
8. Run GWX103.exe and follow the installation prompts
9. SH3 COMMANDER USERS: Download the GWX 1.02+ Cfg files for SH3 Commander and unzip the contents DIRECTLY into your SH3 Commander\Cfg folder.

Checkmate King 2
11-12-07, 02:09 PM
jimbuna

You stated:

"5. OPTIONAL: Copy and paste this "clean" install as a backup to avoid the need to follow steps 1-3 if your game becomes corrupt in future "

How do I do that?

Also, is it OK to save my Naval Academy data or should I wipe out everything?

Jimbuna
11-12-07, 03:45 PM
jimbuna

You stated:

"5. OPTIONAL: Copy and paste this "clean" install as a backup to avoid the need to follow steps 1-3 if your game becomes corrupt in future "

How do I do that?

Also, is it OK to save my Naval Academy data or should I wipe out everything?

Right click on the install and choose 'copy' then open up another drive or folder (one that you have preferably already created and called 'SH3 backup') and right click and choose 'paste'
It is adviseable to start afresh. :up:

Checkmate King 2
11-12-07, 07:18 PM
jimbuna

I have followed your instructions to the letter, with the reload.

Now, do I follow the JSGM Help file instructions, since it is already installed?

Or do I run JSGM and pick what mods I want to use & then start SH3?

Jimbuna
11-13-07, 05:13 AM
jimbuna

I have followed your instructions to the letter, with the reload.

Now, do I follow the JSGM Help file instructions, since it is already installed?

Or do I run JSGM and pick what mods I want to use & then start SH3?

Double click on JSGME and ensure you have a MODS folder in your game. If you have, your good to go, enable the mods of your choice and.....SINK EM ALL!! :arrgh!:

Checkmate King 2
11-13-07, 09:57 AM
jimbuna

After confirmation of the mods folder, I selected the following mods:

1) Lite Harbor Traffic
2) Navigation Maps and Grid References in English
3) No Crew Medals Displayed while at Sea
4) Reduced Positive Buoyancy

Next, I started a new career, added a few more crew members, and then loaded up the game. The game started in PORT in the command room . Next, I selected Navigation maps. The maps came up & all of the seas & straits, etc. were still all in German!!

I then proceeded to go on the bridge to look at the lookouts. Since they are just starting their career, they will have no medals. However, they all did have the German "Eagle" emblem on their left chest. Should the eagles still show even if I selected the mod that will not show crew medals at sea (actually I am at port when a new career starts)?

Side note: When loading GWX I am not using newly downloaded bin files. The ones I have been using are the 5 GWX bin files that I had downloaded from about a year ago. Are those still good or do I need to do a fresh download of them?

In case to say I need to redownload the 5 bim files, I have just done that however, I'll wait to hear from you before I run them. I also downloaded a new GWX.exe. file.

I noticed there is a GMXsetup file. How is that different than the GMX.exe file?

Jimbuna
11-13-07, 12:38 PM
jimbuna

After confirmation of the mods folder, I selected the following mods:

1) Lite Harbor Traffic
2) Navigation Maps and Grid References in English
3) No Crew Medals Displayed while at Sea
4) Reduced Positive Buoyancy

Next, I started a new career, added a few more crew members, and then loaded up the game. The game started in PORT in the command room . Next, I selected Navigation maps. The maps came up & all of the seas & straits, etc. were still all in German!!

I then proceeded to go on the bridge to look at the lookouts. Since they are just starting their career, they will have no medals. However, they all did have the German "Eagle" emblem on their left chest. Should the eagles still show even if I selected the mod that will not show crew medals at sea (actually I am at port when a new career starts)?

Side note: When loading GWX I am not using newly downloaded bin files. The ones I have been using are the 5 GWX bin files that I had downloaded from about a year ago. Are those still good or do I need to do a fresh download of them?

In case to say I need to redownload the 5 bim files, I have just done that however, I'll wait to hear from you before I run them. I also downloaded a new GWX.exe. file.

I noticed there is a GMXsetup file. How is that different than the GMX.exe file?

You have to zoom in on the nav map to a high magnification.

The eagle is an emblem/badge, not a medal, so yes, they should show.

Everything sounds/appears okay to me. With regard to the exe and the 5 bin files, I obviously can't vouch for them as you make no reference to their origin. I can however vouch for those obtainable from my sig.
If you want to be 100% certain, take the ones from my sig :up:

Checkmate King 2
11-13-07, 04:44 PM
I just tried play sh3.

It seams as if I got out of the harbor in a lot shorter time than normal (reduced harbor traffic). Using the charts I didn't see any English. I thought of permanently loading the English map mod into the game. When I attempted to, it was already showing the mod file already in the game.

Do you have any other ideas?

Jimbuna
11-14-07, 05:30 AM
I'll load my version tonight and get back to you :up:

Jimbuna
11-14-07, 03:25 PM
Okay, with the Integrated Orders mod enabled....the English names show up when your zoomed out. Zoom in approximately 3 levels and the names/words revert to German :arrgh!:

Checkmate King 2
11-16-07, 03:41 PM
I found it!!!!!!

You are right. It does show English however, it shows on maps that are too big to do any good. The ones I always use are smaller!!

Thanks for all the help!!

Jimbuna
11-17-07, 12:37 PM
Nice one :up: