PDA

View Full Version : Where are the binoculars?

alfresco
11-10-07, 11:12 AM
When ever I go to the bridge, I notice the watch crew keep forgetting to bring their binoculars. They hold their hands up to their forehead as if they really have their optics....but their hands are empty.

Capt. Shark Bait
11-10-07, 01:06 PM
B on the keyboard, i think, or mouse scrollwheel

alfresco
11-10-07, 01:19 PM
Thanks....I am able to access my own pair....but, and this is just a visual thing, the rest of my crew are without their own pair. I just like the way it looks when they are scanning the horizon with binocs in their hands while I am standing on the bridge.

Capt. Shark Bait
11-10-07, 01:23 PM
:hmm: ... not heard that one before. i know that with my crew in foul weather i have to submerg and resurface so they'll have their foul weather gear on. might work with binocs too. might also be a mod conflict:-?

flag4
11-10-07, 01:28 PM
are you patched up to 1.4
have you saved underwater - this happened to me after saving underwater.
what game are you running: stock sh3 or sh3 with gwx-sh3 commander.
have you altered mods without rollback (sh3 commander)
....something that may conflict with your game set-up...? :hmm:

Jimbuna
11-10-07, 05:50 PM
I had this a long while back....was a graphics card issue (low end/not up to the job) problem :hmm:

3Jane
11-10-07, 06:02 PM
:hmm: ... not heard that one before. i know that with my crew in foul weather i have to submerg and resurface so they'll have their foul weather gear on. might work with binocs too. might also be a mod conflict:-?

To put the wet weather gear on, just drop the watch crew into a spare spot inside the boat, then put them straight back on the bridge. Just make sure you 'put them down' before picking them back up and replacing hem on the bridge. They will have changed. Works the other way as well.

Salad
11-11-07, 08:13 PM
I have the disappearing binocs also, have since the very start (no mods etc). I simply put it down to budget cuts, mind you, it does explain why we ran into a bridge pylon and sunk.

It looks like the watch crew are all eating hamburgers with their hands up like that.:huh:

Torplexed
11-11-07, 08:29 PM
Very likely the reason you're not seeing the crew's binoculars is because your ship has become infested with mimes. Did you run into a mimefield recently? ;) France is also lousy with annoying and possibly insane mimes. You could have picked them up there.

Samwolf
11-12-07, 07:16 AM

You don't have to submerge, just move the watch to an interior room and back to the bridge and they'll have the foul weather gear on.

NiclDoe
11-12-07, 07:25 AM
is the graphics card u got. it cant make them show it becuase of not enough RAM or just have to get a new graphics card. Happened to me when i first got it. now im happy that thats over.

klh
11-12-07, 07:55 AM
Very likely the reason you're not seeing the crew's binoculars is because your ship has become infested with mimes. Did you run into a mimefield recently? ;) France is also lousy with annoying and possibly insane mimes. You could have picked them up there.

:rotfl:

Send your crew down to see the medic (a certain scene from Das Boot comes to mind).

5string74
11-12-07, 08:45 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Jimbuna
11-12-07, 03:29 PM

CLASSIC http://imgcash4.imageshack.us/img220/5318/bananariderhz3.gif

Hartmann
11-12-07, 04:02 PM
The crew sold the binos in the port, and they buy some drinking and pay girls with the money...:hmm: :rotfl:

Brag
11-12-07, 06:37 PM
Crew with no binocs, mimes, Bernard, zombie ships, Black Swans aflame who hound you to death while roasting their crew. Is SH3/GWX stranger than life? :rotfl: :rotfl: