PDA

View Full Version : enabling mod. please, some help ?

flag4
11-10-07, 10:14 AM
hi hunters

please, some help.

i would like to enable lite harbor traffic to free up a bit of cpu, and i dont know how to do this. i have got/done the following
stock sh3 + gwx
sh3 commander. no other mods.
i have returned from patrol - in port.
i have rolled back...

and now ? i have never done this before

cheers flag4

melnibonian
11-10-07, 10:22 AM
To enable any mod you have to follow the procedure:

1. Be at Port
2. Rollback SH3Cmdr
3. Run JSGME and chose the mod you want to enable/disable using the >> << icons
4. After enabling/disabling the mod you're ready to go

If you need more help give us a shout :up:

flag4
11-10-07, 10:46 AM
thanks for that

so err, how do i run jsgme.
thing is, i don't know where to look

thanks again
flag4

update....

i have found the mod eneabler in prog. files - gone ahead with it too, and it seems to have worked. the harbor setting does not slow up in terms of fps. it seems lighter - is lighter on the mouse end of things - great stuff!!

cheers :up:

melnibonian
11-10-07, 11:39 AM
Here are your answers http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=690030&postcount=5

basically you just right click on JSGME.exe and you run it. If you still have problems just read the JSGME instructions (the help file) and if you still need help give us a shout and we'll do something to help ;) :up:

Jimbuna
11-10-07, 05:53 PM
thanks for that

so err, how do i run jsgme.
thing is, i don't know where to look

thanks again
flag4

update....

i have found the mod eneabler in prog. files - gone ahead with it too, and it seems to have worked. the harbor setting does not slow up in terms of fps. it seems lighter - is lighter on the mouse end of things - great stuff!!

cheers :up:

You should still have the vessel to follow out of harbour but no docked or berthed traffic. Do a 360 whilst on the bridge and your fps may/should speed up after it has rendered everything :arrgh!:

ReallyDedPoet
11-10-07, 08:48 PM
An illustrated Guide: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2881085392/m/3031058373?r=3031058373

RDP

flag4
11-11-07, 05:44 AM
thanks hunter's

enabled my first mod last night and everything is smooooth.

the illustrated guide is still a bit baffling, all the zipping and unzipping...
it'll be a while before i get my head around that.

i'll print it off for future reference though. i'd like to enhance the weather somewhat, maybe with a thick fog bank - does this kind of mod exist.

i've got - on my desk top - the sh3 weather mod, will i find something different in that, and when it's installed, will it tax the system the same way as the harbor traffic did.

many thanks

questions questions questions........