PDA

View Full Version : Crew lost their voices.

Capa
11-09-07, 10:37 PM
Ever since yesterday I've managed to lose all audio responses from crew. Everything else is fine, if I change speed say, I hear the engines warm up or cool down but no acknowledgement. They've become a bunch of ignorant mutineers. :stare:

Really though it's a bit distressing and a re-install hasn't fixed it. I don't understand the file architecture so I don't know if keeping save games on uninstall makes a difference but that's what I did. All speech files seem to be in their rightful place and I've tried both English and German.

Hyelp? :hmm:

Torplexed
11-09-07, 10:44 PM
Hmmm. That's a new one by me. Maybe they're just trying to live up to their roles as silent hunters? :hmm:

bigboywooly
11-10-07, 06:53 AM
Do you use SH3 commander ?
Have you altered the TC settings in commander if so ?

Capa
11-10-07, 10:25 AM

Yes!

Thanks for the lead, I'll probably figure it out now. I'd assume it had something to do with setting voices TC to 1 so I hear all sounds no matter what.

Canovaro
11-11-07, 04:53 AM
Yes!

Thanks for the lead, I'll probably figure it out now. I'd assume it had something to do with setting voices TC to 1 so I hear all sounds no matter what.

I bet has something to do with the TC settings!! :yep:
If you can't figure it out, manually set it to:

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=256
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=2048
Particles=8
PrayState=64
HunterState=64
3DRender=32
Maximum=2048

Note that these are MY settings, and not the default settings. You will have the crew voices back though.

3Jane
11-11-07, 05:25 AM
These are the settings I use.

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=128
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=8
Particles=8
PrayState=32
HunterState=32
3DRender=32
Maximum=256

bigboywooly
11-11-07, 05:51 AM
SH3commander FAQ does state you can lose voices due to alrering the time compression
Just revert back to previous settings and all should be fine

Brag
11-11-07, 08:17 PM
J.S, Balz writes:

Crew without voices is no good, you need to have voices for the choir to sing Hoochie Woochie.

Kptlt. Johan Sebastian Balz

Capa
11-11-07, 08:38 PM
I got it, they're on top form again. Vicks menthol inhaler does wonders for sore throats.